Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Putting on the miles turbo s

If you can get away without shaking like a shitting dog every time the odometer flips over I'd say use it. OK you might do some dough in depreciation and as you say you're not getting any younger.

There's a lot of us on here that have other cars and don't use our Porsche as a daily. :oops:

Cheapest option is a cardboard cut out, sell the car, bank the money :grin:

Oh and if you do have PCCB I know of one 997TT owner who uses his every day and last time I saw it was on 120k miles. Original PCCB were less than 50% worn

Zingari said:
If you can get away without shaking like a shitting dog every time the odometer flips over I'd say use it. OK you might do some dough in depreciation and as you say you're not getting any younger.

You've made me giggle with the defecating canine analogy, I can't get that out of my head now and thanks to you every time I turn the key, I'll be seeing a dog offloading the contents of the bowels 😂

Not sure how far the brakes have worn, not easy to see from just looking. Perhaps I'll ask at the opc when I next visit. Previous owner did a couple of track days and told me that but he wasn't a total lunatic by the seems of things. So hopefully he's left me a little bit of carbon.

Worrying about mileage and not driving it is the stupidest thing you can do.

It's ridiculous that people worry about mileage on a car engineered to be driven hard and fast, and yet have no worry doing 150k in a boggo run about.

It may be worth less, but it will still sell to someone and you will have had much better value for money than the garage queen with its dry creaks and rattles.

I don't drive either my 997 or 991 much due to the nature of my work and it frustrates me a little as I want to be putting the miles on.

I kinda get that too.
My job involves several visits each day and I live around 12 miles from the office so I can plan my journeys quite well.
I work as a surveyor for a builders and we do a lot of Insurance repairs so sometimes I get jobs in unsavoury places where the car could end up with bricks instead of wheels.
I even once got hijacked I'm my then Mercedes' by a gang who threw me out of the car and drive off. I look back now and laugh but it was a bit scary at the time.
For that reason I'm now a bit more selective what car I take in what days.

My first 911 bought on here from a forum member, a base model 996 cab silver and red interior was my daily for 3 years and I drove that all over the place in all weathers but on reflection it wasn't so precious. Although I loved driving it.

My other main car is my Land Rover defender new shape hardtop which does me for the rainy days and flooded roads etc. but even that is attracting the wrong sort of attention. They have got in demand and popular because of price increases.

I think if I get over myself and think logically, there's a good chance god willing that I'll not be running about all over the place in around 5 years time because I'll be able to put my feet up a bit more so possibly, I'll be telling myself that I should have driven that Porsche a bit more whilst I had the chance.

So I'm thinking I'll carry on using it for the dry months and cut right back come winter time and use the landy.

👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back