Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Cab..Any experience?

They are fabulous things. Get yourself a 991 cab :thumbs:

You will definitely get a decent one at around £50K, but you'll need to compromise on mileage. 50K miles is not a lot on these, and even though its a cab, as its so useable many have been used as a daily. And probably for that same reason, its not unusual for them to change hands regularly, the 991.1 is over 10 years old now.

If I wanted a newer 911 cab though, I'd chose one these over a 997, as I think it looks better and the cab works successfully on the 991. It is still quite a lot bigger than a 997 though, something also worth considering.

:thumbs:

JonnieD said:
If I wanted a newer 911 cab though, I'd chose one these over a 997, as I think it looks better and the cab works successfully on the 991. It is still quite a lot bigger than a 997 though, something also worth considering.

No it's not. A 991 Cab' is the same width as a 997 and only 64mm longer - that's 2.52" in old money.

Since the 991 launch people have been saying how big it is but it's actually an optical illusion brought about by the 991 having a longer wheelbase.

T8 said:
JonnieD said:

No it's not. A 991 Cab' is the same width as a 997 and only 64mm longer - that's 2.52" in old money.

Since the 991 launch people have been saying how big it is but it's actually an optical illusion brought about by the 991 having a longer wheelbase.

Well that's a pretty emphatic "you're wrong" reply T8!

Does that mean any car is only bigger if its wider too? Try telling that to the LWB Transit brigade :grin:

But challenging your thinking a step further, the width of the 991 with the mirrors included makes it a wider car than a 997. So in your world, being longer and wider, the 991 must be bigger :?:

If you consider an extra 64mm in length and no difference in width to be "quite a lot bigger" that's fine.

I've driven loads of 997s and 991s and although they feel roomier inside they're no different on the road or to park - unless of course the space was already very tight for a 997. :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back