Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MOT time - all done for another year ;)

C320

Monza
I'm coming up to owning my Turbo S for a year now, so that meant it's MOT time.

I had originally planned to take it to West London OPC as I've got warranty coverage and an MOT is an MOT right?

Sadly, they could only fit me in on the Friday before the MOT was due to expire on a Monday.

I wasn't expecting any drama to be fair but I just prefer to have things done in good time, and thought I'd try the OPC coffee :)

Anyway, as that felt too tight for time, I booked it in with my trusty 'localish' garage that we've used for over 16 years - (I say 'localish' as it's near where we used to live and where I work as opposed to where we live now.)

Anyway, MOT time always feels like exam result time for me. Happy to report she came out with a clean first time pass with NO advisories (not even the common undertrays fitted one!).

Anyway, happy days - done circa 1,900 miles in 11 months better, I'd better get using it a bit more :D

Nice feeling it is!! :thumb:
The undertray comment is bloody annoying on the MOT certificate :grin:

Slayer said:
Nice feeling it is!! :thumb:
The undertray comment is bloody annoying on the MOT certificate :grin:

It always is a relief when they tell you it’s passed.

As for the advisories, tell me about it!

I get why they say it but where it’s factory fitted it seems odd to comment on it. I guess it should say ‘full inspection of xyz not possible due to under trays’.

That was also at the back of my mind in originally wanting to book the MOT at an OPC as they know and see the cars often. However I know that even OPC testers can and have written that advisory :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back