Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help!!! PIWIS 2 in Birmingham UK - Resolved.

dph928

Hi,

I need to add a custom profile to my TPMS as every tyre is under reading by 0.5 bar. The flat tyre warning is driving me mad :). I have the instructions for doing this but I'm struggling to find an independent with PIWIS 2 which is required.

Happy to pay for your time. I'm in Kings Norton Birmingham.

Cheers,

Dan

TPMS was correct. Pump and gauge were issue. New gauge confirmed tyres low! Should have trusted the Porsche :)

Hmm mine under reads but it doesn't flag up. Say i go for the recommended 34/40 (front/rear) it shows 30/36 if i remember correctly but it doesn't give any warnings.

I am pretty sure it needs to be 2+ psi out for the warning light to come on.

Hope you find a PIWIS 2 though.

sja360 said:
Hmm mine under reads but it doesn't flag up. Say i go for the recommended 34/40 (front/rear) it shows 30/36 if i remember correctly but it doesn't give any warnings.

I am pretty sure it needs to be 2+ psi out for the warning light to come on.

Hope you find a PIWIS 2 though.

Cheers for the reply. The rears trigger the warnings. I had never thought to check the actual pressure as I'd never had a warning and pressure looked sensible on dash but when I did the previous owner/dealer had obviously massively over inflated to get rid of the warning. The rears have to be over 50psi for it to disappear! Crazy :) at 44psi, they are showing as flat. Confident my hand gauge is a good one.

This is now resolved. I purchased what is meant to be the most accurate pressure gauge and this is telling me my old gauge and my pump were both wrong. The tmps was correct, the tyres were in fact low!

Thanks for the replies!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back