Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought the Bremen SQR 46 Dab and solved the installation

decgraham

Albert Park
Hi All,

After the abuse I got regarding my "tarts boudoir" Bluetooth transmitter :D I have bought a Bremen SQR 46. I was trying to work things out with the Continental TR7412 UB-OR HU with Tore and his specially made harness's. However, after help from Tore the cost of shipping the harness to Spain with handling, customs and Spanish VAT the Bremen was only €80 more so decided to go down that route. The reason I did this, I was hoping it would be just plug and play as the original radio was a Bremen RCM 43...... it's not :sad: The power block is fine and powers up the Bremen SQR just fine with either switching it on by the ignition or just pressing the "On" button when the ignition is off so I'm pretty sure the power side is fine and is plug and play. So my question is anyone fitted a Bremen SQR to their 993? As I mention in another post mine has the M490 HiFi option with the Nokia Amp under the passenger seat and 3 speakers in each door with 2 more in the L&R rear side panels. I'm attaching a few pictures and hope some one can point me in the right direction to get a signal to the amp and get the speakers working.

The first picture below shows the rear connections on the SQR, I am connecting the power block to the A section and all is good. The other pictures show my current set up that works fine with my current Blaupunkt Milano radio.

ATB :)

Just to say I've put this on Rennlist as my car is US spec but never made to the States but was sent to the Middle East as new, where I picked it up. :D

Attachments

• made_up_connector_567.jpeg
    made_up_connector_567.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 1,988
  • top_view_of_wires_in_connectors_with_brown_ground_wire_726.jpeg
    top_view_of_wires_in_connectors_with_brown_ground_wire_726.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 1,988
  • power_wiring_with_ariel_power_wire_109.jpeg
    power_wiring_with_ariel_power_wire_109.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,988
  • connectors_263.jpeg
    connectors_263.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,988
  • bremen_sqr_46_dab_rear_connections_775.jpg
    bremen_sqr_46_dab_rear_connections_775.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,988
Hi All,

Just to conclude this post I was able to figure out how to do the wiring installation on my M490 HiFi option car and install my Bremen SQR 46. Have to thank Tore and Andy on Rennlist for their valuable input, thank you both :thumb:

You can read the story below on Rennlist and see my Heath Robinson set up which proved it was going to work. I will be tidying up all the wires etc and making it look "proper" :D

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/1299117-need-help-with-bremen-sqr-46-install.html

nicely done, those old wirings :thumb:

Hi All,

Well I made up my homemade connector and it has worked well I'm pleased to say. All installed back in the car and the Radio is working fine, very pleased with the sound and volume available, ICE sounds much better now than it did. Just need to find a route for the microphone if I put it by the sun visor. However, to be honest I tried the phone using the built in mic and the call was clear at both ends. Not easy to find a way through the front of the car, they were built well. I've just spent over an hour configuring the radio and I still haven't finished. But basically Job Done :lol:

Attachments

• radio_installed_895.jpeg
    radio_installed_895.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,788
  • my_homemade_connector_132.jpeg
    my_homemade_connector_132.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 1,787

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads