Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If you don't want to buy a new Bluetooth radio

Several years back I had Sylwester at Enigma audio wire several USB feeds off the back of the 12V lighter socket in the dash.

These give me a couple of options for go-pro mounts and a phone charger as well without having a load of cables coming out of the middle of the dash.

I use one of the cables to power a jabra cruiser 2 which gives Bluetooth connectivity to the FM band. In theory this also gives hands free calls as well but I mount mine on the passenger sun visor rather than drivers side due to how close the visor is to your head in a 993. Works for me and allows me to keep the original stereo. I do miss DAB and have often considered switching to Tore's Continental stereo but not enough to make it worth losing the 90s look and the current set-up works well enough for me. Rather than DAB I stream radio through the phone instead.

...not sure where to start with this one...the rubber mats or the tarts boudoir of cheap neon stereo and bluetooth hardware...you've left me no choice but report you to the 993 illuminati

You brought this on yourself didn't you...

...seriously fit the 46 which will both work and look so much better plus you'll avoid the white sandal brigade lynching you :thumbs:

Well Marky911 was right, went for a long drive and the transmitter found a radio station so needed returning :x I have now bought a Continental TR7412UB-OR. I had a look on Tore's site and they looked pretty good. Received it yesterday and will fit it over the weekend. Not sure if I will need to buy connector from Tore. :?: My previous radio had a plug and play adapter made up for it and comparing the plug sockets at the back of the radio they are numbered the same. I'll be taking the top of the dash off to fit the microphone and follow Tore's very helpful instructions.

Oh got my money back on tarts boudoir neon transmitter :D

ATB :)

Attachments

• screenshot_20220419_151438_google_144.jpg
    screenshot_20220419_151438_google_144.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 3,269
Any chance of a picture of it in place please Private? Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member