Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If you don't want to buy a new Bluetooth radio

decgraham

Albert Park
My car originally came with a Bremen RCM 43 radio, a pretty expensive option at the time in 1995. I changed it more then 10 years ago as it packed up and fitted a Blaupunkt Milano which fitted in the slot nicely and did the job, good radio and CD. I have been looking at the 'new" Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 which is very similar to the old unit but with up-to-date technology. However, having read a few reviews on Rennlist, where they say it doesn't fit the slot very well, I looked at other options like the Continental from Tore, I want Bluetooth capability. I'm not adverse to spending a few bob but came across a Bluetooth FM transmitter from Amazon for €20.99. delivered. At that price I had to give it a go, if it didn't work I could just send it back. Believe it or not it works an absolute treat, both with my phone and my old ipod :oops: No wiring to muck about with and it does the trick, doesn't look too bad either IMHO. I can hands free my Samsung phone too using Google Assistant, it charges my phone and ipod plus I can stick in a stick with music on, what more could you ask for :dont know:

ATB :)

Attachments

• bluetooth_1_1_202.jpeg
    bluetooth_1_1_202.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 4,370
  • bluetooth_1_2_528.jpeg
    bluetooth_1_2_528.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 4,370
I had something similar for a while and its certainly a cost effective option.

Wasn't overly keen on sound or looks though, so upgraded to a Pure DAB adapter wired into the aux.

gunner said:
I had something similar for a while and its certainly a cost effective option.

Wasn't overly keen on sound or looks though, so upgraded to a Pure DAB adapter wired into the aux.

Hi gunner,

Just the opposite for me, I had a blaupunkt cable plugged in the back of the radio for using the aux, but when I plugged in my phone or ipod there just wasn't enough volume. With this device I have more then enough volume and the sound is good. The next thing I need to do is have a look at the speakers, they are after all nearly 27 years old :eek: but still perform. My car has the Nokia sound pack.

I just bought 2 x KENWOOD KDC-BT640U CD/MP3/USB CAR STEREO WITH BUILT IN BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY off eBay for £129 each, does everything and simple to install for 993 & 964. Sure it also has noise cancel as it's brill in the 993 cab with roof down.

Boydyrs said:
I just bought 2 x KENWOOD KDC-BT640U CD/MP3/USB CAR STEREO WITH BUILT IN BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY off eBay for £129 each, does everything and simple to install for 993 & 964. Sure it also has noise cancel as it's brill in the 993 cab with roof down.

Hi Boydyrs,

I've just found that model on a Spanish website and they have a special deal, sin IVA (no VAT) for €103.26, pick up in store which is 20 miles from me. :thumb: When you fit it can you let me know how it goes and if you needed to do any major wiring changes please?

Ive actually fitted 2. They came with connecting cable and one car was plug play the other I just bought matching bullet connectors and followed colours to connect then connected Bluetooth and all good. Fitted mic on steering wheel cowel directly facing me with wire behind dash

Boydyrs said:
Ive actually fitted 2. They came with connecting cable and one car was plug play the other I just bought matching bullet connectors and followed colours to connect then connected Bluetooth and all good. Fitted mic on steering wheel cowel directly facing me with wire behind dash

Thanks for the feedback Boydyrs, much appreciated, I'll go to the shop and have a look at the unit.

Here is pic. It also has multi colour change display

Attachments

• f764c07d_6cba_4319_9ed4_29d6f46a92c6_147.png
    f764c07d_6cba_4319_9ed4_29d6f46a92c6_147.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4,147
I use one of those in all my old cars (albeit a bit less gaudy one :grin: ).

Yes they don't look great, especially in a 911 as the cig lighter is on the dash.
An aftermarket head unit looks worse though to my eyes. :yuk:

To be honest I'm usually enjoying the engine sounds, but if I've a longer stint to do I just stick my buds in for some quality sound.

Oh, the main drawback with those is that if you're travelling a long way you usually encounter a radio station on the frequency you're tuned into at some point, so you have to retune the Bluetooth receiver. It's not the end of the world though.

Well thanks for all the feed back guys much appreciated :thumb: Marky911 I thought the one I have is the less gaudy of what was on offer :lol: I will only be using it when I fancy playing a nice play list off my phone or ipod when on a tour. Most of the time I just listen to the radio, but with the top down any music is just a background noise. The buds sound like a good idea :D I'll stick with it and pop it in the glove box when not in use so it doesn't spoil the look of the dash :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back