Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 PCCM+ information

IMI A said:
andy996c4s said:
IMI A said:
So I have PCCM +. Sound is amazing. Also very nice that new PCM perfect match plastics wise and I have lost the button fest. Look forward to using Waze, Apple Music etc. I have the Rennline phone kit so phone with cable not an issue. :thumbs:

Good to see a positive review. Do you mind me asking where you had it fitted and how much? Also, what is the Rennnline phone kit and what advantage does it give? Thanks.

Porsche Reading. Will check invoice think its was circa £300 plus vat. It syncs with my steering wheel and speedo cluster which is lovely. Also its a touch screen. Pretty similar in user feel/interface to the PCM in a 991.2 turbo s. You do not need a reverse TV camera in 997 turbo as mine has reverse parking sensors. You'd need to be numpty to reverse it into something but other side of coin is at that price point I agree new PCCM+ should have everything.

I hear they are all sold out in UK???

Will take a pic when I return to England in a few weeks. Not had a chance to use it other than one drive home. I never really minded PCM 2 other than the phone interface was diabolical on a £100K flagship model even in 2007 and no charging for mobile so this fixes all that. Really just bought it for the apple car play. Sound quality defo better. Mine has bose and this improves its sound with DAB radio which is crystal clear and nice as I always listen to radio.

One other downside other than no reverse camera is its not compatible with my CD Changer which is ridiculous but don't use CDs myself any more so will remove my CD changer and create a bit more space in frunk which i use a lot for shopping etc.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the info. Will set about seeing if I can locate one without a major wait time.......

I like the comment on the DAB too...... I tend to just use the radio so this is an excellent piece of news

For DAB signal amplifiers are supplied as part of the kit hence why it's so crystal clear.

Also in the user manual it mentions a rear view camera so i've asked OPC Reading if and when this function might be available.

Having used PCCM + for a few days the system is completely intuitive and very easy to use. The screen is lovely and PCCM + interface with steering wheel controls and dash LCD completely seamless and glitch free. A happy bunny here I love it. The USB port will always have a phone charger in it and charges the phone. Very impressed with the OEM plus feel. Well done Porsche especially if the reverse camera available soon. :thumbs:

Attachments

• 6cd34722_139d_4d65_8163_18a0ffc357f5_628.jpeg
    6cd34722_139d_4d65_8163_18a0ffc357f5_628.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 2,203
  • 56e90e83_fb57_42cd_b367_288bb86d66b4_170.jpeg
    56e90e83_fb57_42cd_b367_288bb86d66b4_170.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,202
  • 83c671e0_b31c_42bf_ab24_bdb4db2d06d4_202.jpeg
    83c671e0_b31c_42bf_ab24_bdb4db2d06d4_202.jpeg
    890.8 KB · Views: 2,206
Over on rennlist they've worked out how to trigger it to work with a reverse cam and there's also a guy making cables to move the usb to the back of the unit - I won't repeat the instructions as they're extensive and easy to find.

IMI A said:
For DAB signal amplifiers are supplied as part of the kit hence why it's so crystal clear.

Also in the user manual it mentions a rear view camera so i've asked OPC Reading if and when this function might be available.

Having used PCCM + for a few days the system is completely intuitive and very easy to use. The screen is lovely and PCCM + interface with steering wheel controls and dash LCD completely seamless and glitch free. A happy bunny here I love it. The USB port will always have a phone charger in it and charges the phone. Very impressed with the OEM plus feel. Well done Porsche especially if the reverse camera available soon. :thumbs:

A bit off topic, but what phone mount do you use? I have mega mounts attached to a vent in each car, and all work fine. However, in the 911 it just bobs about far too much and is just irritating. Your mount looks much more secure. 👍

Trying to find a pcmplus for 997 seems
Sold out. Anyone know who stocks and best price ? Thanks

Lukec4s said:

Recently bought one from an OPC. Had to wait 7 days for it to be delivered from Germany. £1270 with PCGB discount.

andy996c4s said:
Lukec4s said:

Recently bought one from an OPC. Had to wait 7 days for it to be delivered from Germany. £1270 with PCGB discount.
that's a good price from OPC. How much was fitting? I just came across this PCCM+ on You Tube tonight, whilst browsing casually, as you do... Independents charging £1429 for supply and fit a few months ago.

I'm going to get one. No brainer!

andy996c4s said:
Lukec4s said:

that's a good price from OPC. How much was fitting? I just came across this PCCM+ on You Tube tonight, whilst browsing casually, as you do... Independents charging £1429 for supply and fit a few months ago.

andy996c4s said:
Lukec4s said:

I agree a no brainer. Works with your dash and multifunction steering wheel too and you can remove the sat nav module and CD changer from frunk as they're surplus to requirements and you free up some space too and save a few Kgs. Makes a 997 even more useable as a daily :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_1554_799.jpeg
    img_1554_799.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,175
Hi everyone, I'll be at OPC Hatfield tomorrow as part of the Porsche Classic for 997 thing.

I'm seriously considering the PCCM+ upgrade for my 997. Mainly as I prefer the full integration with the car.

A few questions:

- How do you remove the old CD and nav units from the boot? Any holes left once out?

- I've read about mic being "unsightly"? Can anyone elaborate?

- What are we looking at fully installed and with maps for these? I've tops £1500 in my mind...

Thanks in advance!

When you remove that stuff from frunk via an OPC then add the correct OEM carpet set and lining for a 997 without the sat nav and cd changer inc labour and vat it's another £1000 on top! I'm sure you could do it for half that amount via any decent trimmer.

Thanks for the responses, very useful!

@Jon, you say "on order", are these currently out of stock? What is the lead time you're seeing?

I'd probably go ahead if I can get it before our annual Euro trip in late July. Otherwise I'll bump it to 2024 as after the summer I don't use the car that much.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back