Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 PCCM+ information

remarklima said:
The Porsche PCCM+ does look like it's a great bit of integration, with the full CANBUS, sport chrono and the other bits you can control from the old PCM 2.1.

I assume the facia doesn't come off if you wanted to change the colour from the old vulcan grey?

The Android unit does look good, however doesn't have the same level of integration right... So, a great option and looks great but the integration isn't the same.

I think the 7" screen looks just fine compared to the 8" really.

no aftermarket radios have full oem integration (altho it may be possible now to piggy back the canBus signals from the pccm+).

it all depends what you're after as the android radios support the following that the pccm+ does not...

- high definition rear camera vs SD rear cam
- high definition front parking camera (this has proven to be super useful imo)
- WIRELESS carplay/AA vs wired
- trueHD screen 8" vs SD
- integration of additional products such as smart dash cam systems (collision late change assist) - added to my car
- integrated tpms system - added to my car as it is 05
- didnt add the 360 degree camera system but i do have a few friends who have.
- no front usb wired connections - mine are all in the rear routed to the centre console armrest
- and imo the best part is full android non-restricted functionality - not just waze, googleMaps, spotify, Audibile.... but torquePro, vlcViewer, netflix etc etc. any/all apps.

don't forget that once the pccm+ enters carPlay/AA mode in order to use waze, spotify etc .... the instrument cluster information (song name, directions etc etc) - becomes fully disabled.

Rose passion (French site) is offering these at a great price at the moment, if you're looking.

isysman said:
Did they announce a unit for the. 997.2 yet?

likely 2025 imho.

myw said:
remarklima said:
The Porsche PCCM+ does look like it's a great bit of integration, with the full CANBUS, sport chrono and the other bits you can control from the old PCM 2.1.

I assume the facia doesn't come off if you wanted to change the colour from the old vulcan grey?

The Android unit does look good, however doesn't have the same level of integration right... So, a great option and looks great but the integration isn't the same.

no aftermarket radios have full oem integration (altho it may be possible now to piggy back the canBus signals from the pccm+).

it all depends what you're after as the android radios support the following that the pccm+ does not...

- trueHD screen 8" vs SD
- integration of additional products such as smart dash cam systems (collision late change assist) - added to my car
- no front usb wired connections - mine are all in the rear routed to the centre console armrest
- and imo the best part is full android non-restricted functionality - not just waze, googleMaps, spotify, Audibile.... but torquePro, vlcViewer, netflix etc etc. any/all apps.

don't forget that once the pccm+ enters carPlay/AA mode in order to use waze, spotify etc .... the instrument cluster information (song name, directions etc etc) - becomes fully disabled.

Wow! This is what the PCCM+ should have been from the start. I'd certainly be interested in the 996 unit, especially with updated CPU etc :D

Is there somewhere I can get news of new versions etc?

ill be back on this forum over time - not to mention i find that my posts on RL / or fb 997enthusiasts/997 modifcation + retrofit forums find their way to these forums.

with that said, if it happens it will be end of 2023 at the earliest.

photek said:
myw said:
remarklima said:

- trueHD screen 8" vs SD

Wow! This is what the PCCM+ should have been from the start. I'd certainly be interested in the 996 unit, especially with updated CPU etc :D

Is there somewhere I can get news of new versions etc?

myw said:
remarklima said:

- trueHD screen 8" vs SD

Is it me or is the new Porsche unit out of date and overpriced on launch?

James4444 said:

it's typical porsche re making $$.

with that said, i figured out how to get the reverse parking camera working for both manual + auto 997s + 955s - while understanding the way the 955 factory backup camera.

its essentially the same as the rest of the other android radios.

myw said:
James4444 said:

it's typical porsche re making $$.

with that said, i figured out how to get the reverse parking camera working for both manual + auto 997s + 955s - while understanding the way the 955 factory backup camera.

its essentially the same as the rest of the other android radios.

Yes, out of date and massively overpriced for the poor spec that it offers, for the £££ you should expect the very latest spec, highest quality sound output and full wireless connectivity! It just looks slightly better than the original in my view.

I've been waiting for the 997 PCCM+ for years, mostly since the 996 one was released. I was quite dissapointed when it was announced, non-wireless carplay, looked a bit dated etc - did some research and found the unit MYW designed on Rennlist - installed last week and am over the moon with it. Plug and play installation, sounds amazing and most importantly looks OEM - total cost was £1300 less than the fitted cost of the Porsche unit. The saving paid for my last service :eek:

I only really use the (wireless) carplay but think it has a lot more to give, honestly can't recommend enough. I haven't attempted a reverse / forwards facing camera yet but will likely install soon.

I think the essence of it is to look period correct and not like a modern head unit in an older car.

Apart wireless car play I think it does everything else one would expect, I don't expect it to have the spec of the latest iPad.

CJZ119 said:
I think the essence of it is to look period correct and not like a modern head unit in an older car.

Apart wireless car play I think it does everything else one would expect, I don't expect it to have the spec of the latest iPad.

Really!!! For the money the are charging, you don't expect if to have at least the features of a £300 head unit from Pioneer or Kenwood?? My expectations are a bit higher, huge Porsche tax on 10 year old tech.

KillsBugs said:
I've been waiting for the 997 PCCM+ for years, mostly since the 996 one was released. I was quite dissapointed when it was announced, non-wireless carplay, looked a bit dated etc - did some research and found the unit MYW designed on Rennlist - installed last week and am over the moon with it. Plug and play installation, sounds amazing and most importantly looks OEM - total cost was £1300 less than the fitted cost of the Porsche unit. The saving paid for my last service :eek:

I only really use the (wireless) carplay but think it has a lot more to give, honestly can't recommend enough. I haven't attempted a reverse / forwards facing camera yet but will likely install soon.

Can you add a link or give more info on what you're talking about?

pls use coupon code MYWOCM for a few additional dollars off.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005192912195.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.2.70a41222LZyvZV

isysman said:
KillsBugs said:

Can you add a link or give more info on what you're talking about?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back