Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Could the PIWIS change my dash display setting?

Palletpallet

Hi Guys,

I've recently had cruise control fitted and activated to my 997.1 C2S.

I'm guessing that there was a fair bit of fiddling done within the PIWIS modules to activate the cruise functions, but I wonder if the indy (I won't say who if that's okay) appears to have either upgraded / downgraded the software version, or simply messed up a few other settings?

I ask this question because I can no longer view dual display lines on the rev display (CD / FM radio data for example as well as mpg etc - Is there a user option maybe to turn this back on?), I'm sure there are some menu options missing completely now though (current fuel consumption?), and also the speed warning bong is now a very quiet chime when I reach my pre determined speed limits. Minor issues I know, as the car drives as well as ever, but something has changed.

I could of course drive it back (some distance mind), but before I do, I wondered if it's possible that they may have simply used an older version of the software that simply doesn't support those features? In which case they probably cant update it anyway...

Is there a way of checking what version of software my car is running at present (without a reader) or am talking complete rubbish?

Thanks in advance guys.

You can't check a software version .. it doesn't have one as such .. it's all done by coding various options on or off ...

Can i just say ... we recode the instrument cluster as part of this job .. if functions you once had are no longer available then it will be a coding issue i suspect .

I'm interested in this too. I've not had that line on mine since I've owned the car but seen it shown in the manual. Always wondered if it was a coding thing. I've tried looking with my Foxwell NT530 but guess I need something a bit more professional

Testers such as the Foxwell NT530 are excellent but do have their limitations ..

Piwis i believe cost £10 K for dealerships when first released and obviously does a few more things :)

From memory when entering coding for the instrument cluster on these .. you actually are altering the coding and resetting it .. as such every option must be correct ..

If you skip through to the cruise control section you have reset the options before this to default ..

That is from memory though as its been a few years since i've fitted cruise to these .. and models such as the 996 etc have different coding options ... hence i don't remember the exact sequence ..

For the OP though .. if something used to work and now doesn't .. its kinda obvious the reason :)

Thanks DeMort,

My concern was that they had used an older "firmware" when reprogramming it, but if they simply haven't re activated everything as it was, then I'll be heading back and getting them to tick the right boxes so to speak.

Thanks again for your fountain of knowledge!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back