Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 PCCM+ Install

Paul_S

Monza
Not seen much on here as a comprehensive guide, but I installed the PCCM+ in my 997 over the weekend and it is fairly straightforward, but the lack of any instructions or guide from Porsche is an absolute scandal. Thank heavens for the Friends Green Porsche YouTube vid and the guide on Rennlist here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/1334821-pccm-diy-guide.html

From start to finish, I'd allow 3 hours. Hardest part of the job is refitting the A pillar trim as the clips move around, but aside from that there is nothing major here. So I figured I'd add some advice here:

• The connectors are fairly self-explanatory because they are all unique so you can't fit them in the wrong place.
  • The GPS receiver doesn't need to be fished around the dashboard, just plonk it on top of the PCCM (next to the MOST adaptor). I had full signal inside my garage inside 2 mins.
  • The external microphone isn't technically necessary as the PCCM unit has one built in, I found it easy to fit as I had my steering column covers off anyway (which is where it mounts), and I'd recommend it for complete functionality
  • The MOST box that sits on top of the unit has a grey plastic plug on it. I thought this was a permanent connection so couldn't see how the wiring from the car would fit so I left it off. I didn't realise this is just there to protect the optics. See below.
  • If you have MOST fibre optics, you won't have any sound unless you bypass both the FM connections under the dash and also the DVD/CD Changer connections.
  • Removing the DVD Nav Unit is a pain, after getting the cover off you need to pull the unit upwards to access the connections on the bottom. You'll need a pick or similar to push the removal pins on one side (the other side is accessible so you can just push it on with a finger).

Final advice, don't do what I did and push it into place without testing it first. I neglected to connect the MOST cable to the back of the unit so I had to extract it again and refit.

A very satisfying job ultimately.

Excellent, pleased to hear - been reading about this. Do you need to change the aerials in the A pillars for the DAB radio? I've had the A pillar trim off loads so fiddly but doable.

Also, you can get this https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-mic-por1/

The PCCM+ enclosure is longer and you can pop the PCCM+ microphone out of the plastic box it comes in, and then mount the mic in the factory position.

Yes the A Pillar trims come off so you can replace the FM aerials with new FM/DAB ones, they are just plug and play and mount in the same place

Just out of interest, as I picked up my 997 from Friends Green Porsche yesterday after they fitted the PCCM+ unit, how many DAB+ stations are showing up on your screen? I'm only getting about 8 channels and when I select the DAB list option there are no more channels showing up yet my wife's BMW has them all showing up when you go to pick a station. For reference I was trying to add Heart 80's as a preset but only the main Heart DAB+ station is listed. I will be contacting FGP next week but just wondered if anyone had a similar issue with the new unit fitted.

Thanks for the link, that's really useful and more in-depth than the quick start guide that comes in the box. Downloaded for some offline reading ๐Ÿ‘

I did the classic tech trick of switching on and off several times, reverting to factory settings and a few more on/off cycles and then magically they all appeared ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™„

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back