Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loose fitting for reversing camera

CS4997Gen1

Just had a brand new PCCM+ installed by Friends Green Porsche this week. Washed the car today and then put it in reverse and noticed that the camera was now facing the number plate! I did mention to Luke when I collected the car that I felt the camera fixture just above the number plate looks too loose. Having just spent over £2k for the PCCM+ unit with reversing camera, I'd expect a better fit if I'm honest. Anyone else had one installed and noticed how loose it is? Anyone have solutions? PS. I have emailed FGP as I also have issues with the DAB+ stations not available, but I thought I'd give a shout out here to see if others have suffered with similar loose fitting cameras and found a solution.

Here's a quick video to show clearly what I mean, you would not expect a reversing camera to be this loose would you?

Attachments

• IMG_0476.mp4
    14.3 MB
Had the same thing happen to me ….
Decided to rectify it myself, took the bumper off and nipped the retaining ring up.

Just had a brand new PCCM+ installed by Friends Green Porsche this week. Washed the car today and then put it in reverse and noticed that the camera was now facing the number plate! I did mention to Luke when I collected the car that I felt the camera fixture just above the number plate looks too loose. Having just spent over £2k for the PCCM+ unit with reversing camera, I'd expect a better fit if I'm honest. Anyone else had one installed and noticed how loose it is? Anyone have solutions? PS. I have emailed FGP as I also have issues with the DAB+ stations not available, but I thought I'd give a shout out here to see if others have suffered with similar loose fitting cameras and found a solution.
get it back to FGP for them to rectify !!

I did mention it to them and they are coming to collect the car so hopefully this issue can be rectified.

Got the car back today and I now have a reversing camera firmly fixed in place 👍 Better still it's got a resprayed front bumper that makes all the difference now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back