Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - When one thing leads to another!

Good work as always Ian. You're just showing up the rest of us with all this hard work.

Hope you get finished for Sunday. :thumb:

Well I managed to get the rear suspension fitted on Thursday. First job was to remove the air filter box so I could gain access to the three 13mm nuts that hold the suspension in place.
Pic of the top mount with the filter box removed.

Had to remove the blower motor to gain access to the passenger side. There's a bracket holding loads of pipes/wires right in the way but I was able to reach over this and remove the nuts, a bit awkward but not to bad.
Pic of blower motor.

When the blower motor was removed the top mount and three nuts that need to be removed are behind this lot!

Just a case of removing the bolt holding the bottom of the suspension, one 22mm bolt each side.

The rear suspension and spring simply falls out from below at this point.
Pic of the rears built up with 30mm lowering springs and new bump stops and dust covers.

Simply a case of replacing everything in the order you removed it. To be fair I removed the top nuts first then the larger bolt from the bottom. It would probably be easier to loosen the lower bolt first as they are tight and it won't move about as much if the tops are still bolted to the car. Also you need someone to but the top nuts on while you hold the suspension in place from under the car.
The rears are much easier than the fronts to do, no parts to take off the old suspension, just 2 bolts and 6 nuts and your done. I managed to do this on my drive with a socket set and a power bar really easily.

Sorry for the poor pics, my phone case impedes the camera and my hands were covered in oily crud.
Had a good blast out in the car on Sunday, at low speed I couldn't really notice any difference, but when moving at speed the car felt more planted to the road and felt really smooth. Then I noticed the car wasn't rolling through the corners at speed so really happy with the results. Just got to make sure I'm happy with the cars ride height befor I get the wheels aligned. On Saturday I fitted my new rear lights and reflector and the difference was amazing. I'll post some decent pics of the car at the weekend :thumb:

Ian

Just remembere I've decided to wrap my de-cat and cup pipe in exhaust wrap to keep some of that heat in! Top tip, don't buy 5 meters thinking that will easily be enough, it only got the de-cat and the joint of the cup pipe covered befor it ran out!

Just ordered a leather cover to fit to my dash top, I'll let you know how it goes :thumb:

Ian

Flippin heck, with your mods and Keith ordering a SW chip I'm falling behind!

Better step up my game before little Dobba arrives and I don't have time ;)

Let me know how the dash top looks guv :thumb:

Chris

deutschland-dobson said:
Flippin heck, with your mods and Keith ordering a SW chip I'm falling behind!

Better step up my game before little Dobba arrives and I don't have time ;)

Let me know how the dash top looks guv :thumb:

Chris

Let me see it first Ian , Chris can wait , he's already got one anyway :thumb: ..... sound job you've done there .

I'm in two minds lads, it's off the bay and I haven't herd of anyone using them befor, fingers crossed it fits! Got a little girl coming end of May, at the hospital yesterday afternoon and everything's perfect! Chris I've got longer to mod than you! :grin:

Ian

Glad to hear all is going well for the two of you. :thumb:

Get that car finished you're soon going to be busy again.

igaffz said:
Got a little girl coming end of May, at the hospital yesterday afternoon and everything's perfect! Chris I've got longer to mod than you! :grin:

Ian

Fab!! I have a little girl and they are just gorgeous! Youare in for the ride of our life Ian :)

I know I've already got two daughters! This ones going to half kill me! It's a good job I've got a tiptronic, by the time I get to use it again an auto will be the only thing I can drive. :eek:ld:

Ian

igaffz said:
I know I've already got two daughters! This ones going to half kill me! It's a good job I've got a tiptronic, by the time I get to use it again an auto will be the only thing I can drive. :eek:ld:

Ian

:)

igaffz said:
Just remembere I've decided to wrap my de-cat and cup pipe in exhaust wrap to keep some of that heat in! Top tip, don't buy 5 meters thinking that will easily be enough, it only got the de-cat and the joint of the cup pipe covered befor it ran out!

Just ordered a leather cover to fit to my dash top, I'll let you know how it goes :thumb:

Ian

Ian

Is that one of the Decats available from the chap on Ebay? If so what are your impressions of its performance etc? Thinking of giving one a go on my C2.
Cheers
Chris

Congrats on the newbe Ian, bet you can't wait :thumb:

You're really stepping up with the mods! I saw those dash tops on ebay and on the face of it they look good value, I'll be interested to see it finished, I hope it's as good as it looks for you.

PS Love the boxer too, not the one in the 964, the other one on the drive :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

igaffz said:
Got a little girl coming end of May, at the hospital yesterday afternoon and everything's perfect! Chris I've got longer to mod than you! :grin:

Ian

Big congrats bud :)

Only 4 weeks to go this end :eek:

Precious spanner time after work tomorrow, while I can!

Chris

Hi Chris, the lambder sensor position is a bit on the wonk but it dosent touch the tyre so no problems. Big thumbs up for it, it's cheap and it dose the job :thumb:

Paul, the dogs called Zara, she's my shadow, I'm sick of tripping over her!
We are defo madly in love with each other :D

I'll be the guinea pig for the dash top lads, if it's crap I'll send it back :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back