Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The wife''s very wide 996

I also want to add that I reckon this came out well. And I'm glad the 996 is getting some attention nowadays. :grin:

MaxA said:
I also want to add that I reckon this came out well. And I'm glad the 996 is getting some attention nowadays. :grin:

Thanks buddy and yes i do feel the so-called ugly duckling needs a little more love :lol:
Joking aside i used to really dislike the front end and even the narrow body
version of the 996.
But it's really grown on me and it sounds a silly thing to say i also
loved how it originally looked especially with the aero kit.

Car looks hard.
I love it.

Early headlights are perfect for your motor, makes a visual connection with a GT1 👍👍👍

Teffers said:
Car looks hard.
I love it.

Early headlights are perfect for your motor, makes a visual connection with a GT1 👍👍👍

Thanks so much mate and yes i totally agree on that one :thumb:

I need to get back to the painters to collect the rear
Spoiler ends and get those fitted :roll:

And also remember to add the picture on the last reply :lol:

Attachments

• 4be064f0_db4a_4428_a215_3f76d6792a5a_168.jpeg
    4be064f0_db4a_4428_a215_3f76d6792a5a_168.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 2,350
UncleP said:
Was it a conscious decision to leave the rear wiper?

:lol: :lol:
This gets brought up so often and even re my turbo.
Everyone says bin it inc my misses but it doesn't offend me that much.
But i get the symmetry argument so she will probably get her way on this and it will be removed.

Just saw this, i love it, it is a unique motor and i like this fact too. The front end and the headlights do look good

Yes ditch the rear wiper!

Like the centre cutouts in the rear bumper, if you are ever in Greenford you can cut mine out, free cups of tea or coffee!!!

Love it and keep going!

FRP said:
Just saw this, i love it, it is a unique motor and i like this fact too. The front end and the headlights do look good

Yes ditch the rear wiper!

Like the centre cutouts in the rear bumper, if you are ever in Greenford you can cut mine out, free cups of tea or coffee!!!

Love it and keep going!

Thanks mate :thumb:
Hmmm not sure id fancy cutting someone else's bumper, i can only blame myself if i make a mistake on my car. Different on someone else's :lol:

Julesturbo said:
UncleP said:

But i get the symmetry argument so she will probably get her way on this and it will be removed.

Mine bugs the life out of me but rear wipers have never bothered me on any other car. Just seems totally out of place on any 911.

Getting it properly smoothed over and painted would have been ideal but if you find a cost effective way of sticking a bung in the hole let me know. The usual guy that supplies them has stopped selling them.

Well that had all the ingredients to go horribly wrong, but I have to say, Jules; you managed to make it look right.
I doff my hat to your confidence/stupidity* in chopping up a perfectly good 996 but it really works! well done sir

*delete where applicable!

brownspeed said:
Well that had all the ingredients to go horribly wrong, but I have to say, Jules; you managed to make it look right.
I doff my hat to your confidence/stupidity* in chopping up a perfectly good 996 but it really works! well done sir

*delete where applicable!

Ha Ha thank you mate, probably a little bit of both, Ive cut up and wide bodied
a few cars now but this was probably the easiest as its bolt on arches and not
welded fabricated.
But all the time it was parked up with the standard wheels it was hard staying confident and not swaying towards stupidity.
I notice you are Manchester and seen quite a few seem to be northwest so it
would be great to get the cars all together sometime :thumb:

UncleP said:
Julesturbo said:
UncleP said:

Mine bugs the life out of me but rear wipers have never bothered me on any other car. Just seems totally out of place on any 911.

Getting it properly smoothed over and painted would have been ideal but if you find a cost effective way of sticking a bung in the hole let me know. The usual guy that supplies them has stopped selling them.

Ive got a contact who does the bungs for a living so ill get onto him.
He got me a glass one for my RS6 that works a treat. :thumb:

Just spent half an hour reading through this thread with a beer sat in the garden........I can only echo what others have already said......this had so much potential to go horribly wrong but you have pulled it off......the 911 is such an iconic shape it really is rare for major mods like this to work so really well done :thumb:

......I just really hope the drive is not compromised too much, I've gone to extremes in terms of offsets in my yooof and the risk is those front tyres on a 4wd will take some turning......be really interesting to hear how you get on where its fully setup and whether you end up going narrower with spacers which I had to do a few times

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back