Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stuffed my C4!!! Looking for any info on new 993''s coming?

Cat N should make it back on the road just fine but don't take the judgement from the ins co with pictures only. Ideally it would get a proper look over before a buy back.

However if you could get the car back and fix it you may end up with a lovely car that doesn't owe you a ton of money.

Today was a good day! Had some sensible conversation with the Insurance company who are happy to give me a settlement without Cat, it goes as I recovered salvage? Or written off straight cash payment, or catS and pay for repairs.... Happy for anyone to chip in as I'm no mechanic or Insurance expert! DM me if needed

cliffbase said:
Wow, less than 3 months ownership. Gutted for the car.
me too, but hey thank god I'm ok which is the main thing!

Gutted for you :sad:

Be interested to know who you're insured with as that topic comes up often...but not when actually making a claim :judge:

If you decide to repair then get in touch, been there, so happy to help.

Not commenting to make a profit, I'm not a "shyster" kind of Guy :wink:

It's a car at the end of the day :thumb:

Whatever way it goes I hope it works out well for both you and the 993.

Interesting that the Insurance company might provide a non-cat recording option ... I guess they may keep some sort of record which may or may not be searchable by some means in time, and which could affect the value of the repaired car..? If not searchable, what value HPI checks and the imagined history that the market seems to value so highly.... :?:

If you buy it back be aware that costs could escalate rapidly. Do you know how much a rear quarter would cost to fit etc. Good paintwork is expensive.

I thought it was my local roads, we have had some slippy days. You might want to go for another (luckier) colour. Yours is the second silver 993 I have heard of written off recently in North Yorks.
My 993 is still tucked up for the winter & the Boxster is not due back until next week.
Good luck whatever you decide.

im speaking to the Insurance co again tomorrow, as it stands ive been offered cash, keep the car and they wont record it as a Cat just unrecoverd salvage....been warned off this as im told no matter what they say the car will show up on checks.
second option is obvs written off and cash, again been advised to haggle on the figure

think option 2 is where i will go, then im going to try buy the car back at what they get from their approved salvage company as i think its just a set price, they have not even been to see the car!!!

let you know what happens....... then the "what to do next" question??? the payout puts me in reach of a lot of modern cars 991 carrera T for instance...

Bad news chum.

Despite the fact it's silver with moody blue leather my immediate thought was to get it written off so there's fewer on the road in that colour combo :what:

However I think the car will ultimately be a Cat S (structural) if it's rebuilt and if you can live with the car knowing the damage it could be worth getting a price to have it repaired. I know someone who could do it not too far from you but it won't be a rush job as they've got a lot on and I want them to paint my MG first.

Failing that I expect we'll see it with Mr Strange at DVB if someone doesn't buy it as a project to fix and sell.

I have a cunning plan to hopefully stop her getting into the hands of a wrong'n! So she will be sorted with the respect and dignity such a classy looking lady deserves!!

I presume when you say this guy is painting your car it's a camo job? After all no one really wants to be seen driving an MG do they! :floor: :floor: :floor:

shaunKD said:
I presume when you say this guy is painting your car it's a camo job? After all no one really wants to be seen driving an MG do they! :floor: :floor: :floor:

I'm rather attached to it only costs £70 a year to insure. Plus everybody seems to like it, passes compliments and I can leave with the roof down knowing someone will not take a dump on the seat :grin: It's enjoyable.

Zingari said:
Despite the fact it's silver with moody blue leather my immediate thought was to get it written off so there's fewer on the road in that colour combo :what:

:roll:

shaunKD said:

I like the cut of your jib :thumb:

Zingari can often be seen driving around the posher parts of Manchester driving it, he thinks its cool but most think care in the community :grin:

jonttt said:
Zingari can often be seen driving around the posher parts of Manchester driving it, he thinks its cool but most think care in the community :grin:

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

MC

Zingari said:
...I know someone who could do it not too far from you but it won't be a rush job as they've got a lot on and I want them to paint my MG first.....

Did the first rattle-can run out before he finished?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back