Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie looking at 991.2's

Thanks for that Tony. The main reason for the Gen 2 is the updated cabin as the car will be my daily driver. I will have Wife's car for snow days etc. I am in no mad rush, so you may be right to wait for the new year.

Hope you find your dream 911. Exciting times!

Something I've noticed recently, is several youtube videos (enthusiasts and traders) saying that the used car market has been performing very badly. Apparently, reports are that October sales were as bad as December, which are always a notoriously bad month for dealers. As a result, prices of used cars have taken a significant drop. Below could be an example of this. Personally, I would be holding fire, just to see what the market is doing in the new year.

One question for you, why have you settled on on a 991 Gen2? I know I am biased, but the Gen1 GTS is pretty epic and the last of the N/A 911's

Good luck with your search!
Can i ask how you were able to get that pricing history off Autotrader. Thats a great bargaining tool

Its a service you can subscribe for on Autotrader. Demonstrates how much certain dealers are trying it on inc OPCs. Laughable discounts from week to week of £20k in some cases like on GT4 RS, GT3, GT3 RS etc. On models like a 991 GTS or C4S will be less so I think that GTS in your first post a really nice example.

Can i ask how you were able to get that pricing history off Autotrader. Thats a great bargaining tool

Agreed, I discovered it recently! It's a free Chrome plugin, just look for 'AT Price Tracker' in the Chrome web store

So with me new to the Porsche world and heading into retirement, I really want to stick with something that either has or will qualify for OPC warranty. It seems like many indie dealers are pricing their cars as high or even higher than OPC's. Here is one from an OPC with 2.5 yrs of warranty and is priced lower than most matching cars even at indie's. What's your thoughts on it, anything that may be a red flag as its been for sale for a while now. Its not my first choice of colour but i don't mind it. I really dont want black or red. Is the market correcting ? Thanks guys/

So dealer just emailed to say the car has sold. Obviously no idea what it sold for but shows some are selling

One question for you, why have you settled on on a 991 Gen2? I know I am biased, but the Gen1 GTS is pretty epic and the last of the N/A 911's

Haa, a bit like last of the air cooled. A 993 would be way prettier, but unfortunately totally inappropriate for this buyer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back