Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Turbo

Kadafi39 said:
C320 said:
Congratulations that's truly stunning, lovely colour combination and those seats 8)

I've got a 991.1 and agree the steering wheel does look pretty dated. A few members on here have upgraded to the newer steering wheel and it's a task on my potential wish list!

It was something I would also have tackled had I ended up with a 991.1 I did search and the module was about £200 ish and the wheel can be picked up under £1k on ebay.

However mine doesn't have multifunction controls and that is something I am looking to add as taking your hands of the wheel every time you want to change the song or turn the volume up is quite annoying!

Agree, being a 991.1 I have the Sport wheel but no MF controls. I'm so tempted with the newer MF wheel but I have a slight niggle now that I've put the 2 year warranty on the car :( Still tempted, and part of me thinks the wheel you have would be an easier swap, but at the same time, it feels like the mod is only worth it if I gain the MF controls - I'm really torn!

C320 said:
Kadafi39 said:
C320 said:
Congratulations that's truly stunning, lovely colour combination and those seats 8)

I've got a 991.1 and agree the steering wheel does look pretty dated. A few members on here have upgraded to the newer steering wheel and it's a task on my potential wish list!

It was something I would also have tackled had I ended up with a 991.1 I did search and the module was about £200 ish and the wheel can be picked up under £1k on ebay.

However mine doesn't have multifunction controls and that is something I am looking to add as taking your hands of the wheel every time you want to change the song or turn the volume up is quite annoying!

Agree, being a 991.1 I have the Sport wheel but no MF controls. I'm so tempted with the newer MF wheel but I have a slight niggle now that I've put the 2 year warranty on the car :( Still tempted, and part of me thinks the wheel you have would be an easier swap, but at the same time, it feels like the mod is only worth it if I gain the MF controls - I'm really torn!

The sport wheel looks much better on the 991.1 gen over the MF wheel. I would have opted for the sport wheel given the choice. Also with the MF wheel you lose the paddles for some weird pdk button change thing. I don't think I would get used to it after having dct/pdk cars with paddles for the last 10+ years.

I dont think it will affect your warranty as its an OEM part, it would mean the warranty on the steering wheel would be invalidated though.

I would say go for it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back