Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

looking for a piwis 2 to buy .

deMort

Monaco
Basically i don't need the ability to connect this to a car .. these units have wiring diagrams on them .. i don't have anything i can use for 997.2 and onwards so this would help me answer questions on the forums .

I've been getting frustrated recently in that i cant access a wiring diagram to answer questions .

On the off chance someone has one for sale that won't break the bank and that i can use for just the wiring diagrams then let me know please .

This thread is a perfect example of why i need one ....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=149928

Iain, I believe you can access the wiring diagrams you require for the 997 etc. from the PIWIS 2 software without the need to attach the OBD2 interface.
The software is freely available and you should be able to access the wiring diagrams at no cost to you provided you have a reasonably modern Windows computer.

I managed to accomplish this on my Windows 10 laptop last year, by following the instructions in the following link :-
https://www.planet-9.com/threads/piwis-2-setup-as-a-virtual-machine.238021/

The process involves creating a "virtual machine" on your computer. This allows Windows XP to run from your Windows 10 computer. NB Your computer remains a Win 10 computer with the ability to launch Windows XP / PIWIS 2 "virtually". All easily reversible by deleting the VM software.

I used the most up to date version of VirtualBox.

The PIWIS 2 software will only run within Windows XP and this is included, already set up in the PIWIS VM.ova file mentioned.

The PIWIS 2 software will not load correctly if the computer date is post 2019. This is Porsches way of obsoleting the software I guess. There is a batch file mentioned which sets the virtual machine date to 2019, thus allowing the Porsche software to load correctly.

After installing the software, you've basically got the Panasonic Toughbook part of the PIWIS 2 tester.

Hope this works for you.

I have a PIWIS 3 Acronis image (v38.4) that has the wiring diagrams installed - I will double check because I haven't used them. Let me know if you are interested and I can either copy it to a HDD for you or send you a download link.

It also works with the clone VAS 6154 adapter so you could easily use it for diagnostics.

You could adapt it to a virtual machine or run it natively on a laptop with a minimum resolution of 1920x1080.

I don't want anything for it - was zero cost to me.

Gentlemen .. Thank you both for the help here , if possible i would like to try both options , i have 2 desktop PC,s so i'll try one on each and see how i get on.

alex.qts if you could give me an option to download the file i would be most grateful , i have dropBox if that helps ..

[email protected]

If either of you would be interested in a little reading material on your respective cars i would be more than happy to send something , Alex .. i need to know what car you have please .

It is very strange to be in the position of asking for help here and im very grateful to have received it :D

Thank you .

Sure, it's ~40GB file I will upload it to my Mega account tonight but could take a few days. Will PM you a link when done.

Also mine is a 991 Carrera 2S. Thanks

deMort, PM sent.

@ alex.qts

Thank you , there is no rush as i'll have to wait till a weekend to have a play with this .. not enough time of a week day .

991 .. yup i'll see what i can find for you :)

@ P9XX Thank you and replyed .

This is literally to help me answer more questions on this forum .. i have a Piwis 2 and 3 at work .. but that doesnt help me at home of an evening with a question and i dont have the information i need to work out an answer ..

This has happened a few times recently and will only become more prevalent .. hence i need a solution ...

I thank you both .

Many thanks,

Have just sent you a PM deMort. They keep going in to the outbox so please let me know if you don't receive it and I will email it over to you instead.

Chaps,

If the above don't work, happy to send to Iain or pop down and meet with my PIWIS2 and make it work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back