Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttts Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo Journal

This never gets old 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
What does service book say about servicing intervals? Just wondering as Tesla evangelicals go on about how they 'don't need to be serviced'. And the flip side of Porsche loving to charge so much for servicing...

Servicing is every 2 years or so many miles (can't remember how many). I can understand certain things need doing such as brake fluid change but assume the rest is a checkover, diagnostics and a 'free" valet :dont know:

isysman said:
What does service book say about servicing intervals? Just wondering as Tesla evangelicals go on about how they 'don't need to be serviced'. And the flip side of Porsche loving to charge so much for servicing...

Every 2 years or 20,000 miles.

That said, if @jonttt keeps up the mileage, he'll be getting it serviced before the end of the summer. :thumb:

great write up JonTTT

I really like the shape of the Tycan and have so far resisted he inevitability of having to have an electric car.

I like the comment about driving on the motorway and parting traffic like the red sea.

The Turbo S has that effect on the RR and EV brigade :D
Having said that the vast majority of EVS still sit at 70 in the middle lane regardless

Three things prevent me for getting a DD
1.The thought of public charging with 20-40 minute wait
2.If I have to plug it at home , watching the meter spin faster then if I switched everything on the house all at once
3. I prefer giving my money to SHell then EON

anyway, do you have any issues with the size of it from a parking point of view in multistories etc?

Re size it is very simlar to the Range Rover Vogue (except for height). ie in familiar multi stories its carefully does it at first but then you get confidence to just drive it around as normal inside. I'm fortunate in that the mutli stories I use are either good quality NCP or my own sites. There are some multi stories I would not take the Vogue into and it would be the same consideration with the Taycan. Ground clearnace is a breeze as the Cross turismo sites 30mm higher in normal mode. With the air suspension they do also have lift for extra if needed with the bonus the location can be geo locked to be automoatic at that location in the future. I have only actually needed lift once though which is at my mothers drive which is steep at the apex with the road and catched a lot of cars on the sill if your not careful.

re charging the obviously depends on use but so far I've only had to use public chargers on my trips to Glasgow. Every other trip has been a max of 200 miles and the accuracy of the range mileage gives me 100% confidence to be able to arrive home with less than 10 miles left with zero consideration needed to even trying to drive in with a mode or manner to extend range.
I like the fact charging is either free or 10p kwh and not £1.40 per litre :grin: ...any car getting anywhere near the performance of the taycan would be <20mpg :bandit: ....I have not been to a petrol station for c6 weeks now and that is not something I miss at all. 99% of the time charging at home / work is practically quicker than visiting a petrol station :hand:

I always said the Vogue was the best all round daily you could ever have, it still trumps the Taycan in practicality but first impressions put them on a par as the Taycan is obviously more fun with both on a equal footing for quality and ride (amazing that the taycan can compete on ride comfort)......but the more I get to know it the more the Taycan is edging ahead......you then factor in that as a company car a Vogue would cost me >£1,500 per mth in BIK and the Taycan is <£100 and you just smile :)

time for an update after 3 months and c6,000 miles.......the car is taking a hammering as my daily. Its the most monthly mileage I've done for a good few years, even pre covid and to a large degree that is due to the Taycan alone, I'm now going on business trips simply because I want to in the Taycan and not because I have to.

Last week I did a 500 miles trip to Scotland and back over a few days. The only drama being getting it in and out of the tightest city centre car park I'e ever used in the centre of Glasgow. The guy with me (who is a petrolhead) jumped out as he said he could not be in the car when I ruined the alloys. I must admit I have no idea how I got in and out unscathed, there where plenty of eyes closed and prey moments. Needless to say I won't be using that car park again but its a reminder of how big this car is on the road.
I did 3 fast charges on the route, all at locations and times I would have stopped for breaks in any case, no waiting at any and all charged to >90% quicker than my break.

So after 3 months of pretty heavy use the car has been flawless. The tech has been remarkably good, range very very accurate to the point where I have absolute confidence in fast recharging with only a c10 mile buffer for the range needed to get me home. I've still never touched range mode and always have the car in sport even on a long motorway run. I arrived home after the 500 mile Scotland trip with 8 miles left but could have left the last charge longer to add more comfort if needed but I just trust it now so much.

Its now pipping the RR Vogue as the best daily I've ever had. What it lacks in comparable family practicality it more than makes up for in looks and sheer fun.

Time for another update 10,000 miles in......I can't stop driving the bloody thing.......I'm now several Scotland trips in and actually look forward to going now.

A few pics from last weekends 911uk catchup in sunny manchester :roll:

the Taycan was parked back to the verge, really brings it home how big the car is :eek:

9JAZrWF.jpg

and Frank will kill me if I don't post yet another pic of his "barn find" :roll:

AnmUbBy.jpg

* I won't embarass him by posting the vid of him running around the car park when we fixed his window :wack:

A very useful thread Jon,

I finally drove the Taycan Sport Turismo GTS last week for a few hours, I have to admit it drove well for a big saloon

I didnt have enough time to work out all that was going on, or charge the vehicle but did experience some thunderous B road overtakes.

In conclusion, it drove like a Panamera with electric power, but I do have some questions for you which I'll post up.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I have found myself helping quite a few people navigate the fog over EV ownership. As is always the case there is plenty of smoke and mirrors used by car manufacturers in the sale of EV's and individuals with there own uneducated perceptions.

I'm still not convinced EV's are the future and certainly won't be in the UK by 2030 but that is more to do with the lack of support and not due to the fact they don't work. I've more than a passing interest in this sector as the government is expecting private enterprise to fund the infrastructure which effects me directly and has some fundamental flaws, not always obvious to joe public. I've been on several industry workshops this year attended by both the private and public sector and lets jsut say the requirements and solutions currently do not align.

In its simpliest form however the Taycan is just an awesome daily driver. I've had so much fun in it one way or another every single time I've driven it you simply cannot ask for more than that. When you get some powerful bikes pulling up alongside you at lights stating that thing can shift, what is it, you know it has a precense on the road :thumb:

911UK said:
A very useful thread Jon,

I finally drove the Taycan Sport Turismo GTS last week for a few hours, I have to admit it drove well for a big saloon

I didnt have enough time to work out all that was going on, or charge the vehicle but did experience some thunderous B road overtakes.

In conclusion, it drove like a Panamera with electric power, but I do have some questions for you which I'll post up.

This thread should be closed! What is going on :nooo: :roll: :hand: :grin:

Your storm trooper looks a beauty
I'm having solar and powerwall/s installed hopefully next month with an event charger
And going ev for a daily to replace an old mk1 cayenne
And these really are at the top end of my budget but they really are growing on me
Even though I'm yet to actually test drive one yet.
But if I do end up with one your spec looks ideal

Thanks for creating yet another very interesting thread.. It seems Norway is rethinking it`s EV tax strategy..? I tripped over this article on another forum that might be of interest..?

As a pensioner and Tesla owner who bought my new EV outright, there were no tax incentives involved in my choice of vehicle, perhaps I should have contacted an accountant first... (-:

time for an update after 3 months and c6,000 miles.......the car is taking a hammering as my daily. Its the most monthly mileage I've done for a good few years, even pre covid and to a large degree that is due to the Taycan alone, I'm now going on business trips simply because I want to in the Taycan and not because I have to.

Last week I did a 500 miles trip to Scotland and back over a few days. The only drama being getting it in and out of the tightest city centre car park I'e ever used in the centre of Glasgow. The guy with me (who is a petrolhead) jumped out as he said he could not be in the car when I ruined the alloys. I must admit I have no idea how I got in and out unscathed, there where plenty of eyes closed and prey moments. Needless to say I won't be using that car park again but its a reminder of how big this car is on the road.
I did 3 fast charges on the route, all at locations and times I would have stopped for breaks in any case, no waiting at any and all charged to >90% quicker than my break.

So after 3 months of pretty heavy use the car has been flawless. The tech has been remarkably good, range very very accurate to the point where I have absolute confidence in fast recharging with only a c10 mile buffer for the range needed to get me home. I've still never touched range mode and always have the car in sport even on a long motorway run. I arrived home after the 500 mile Scotland trip with 8 miles left but could have left the last charge longer to add more comfort if needed but I just trust it now so much.

Its now pipping the RR Vogue as the best daily I've ever had. What it lacks in comparable family practicality it more than makes up for in looks and sheer fun.

omg that’s so funny “Last week I did a 500 miles trip to Scotland and back over a few days” It only took 17 charges 😂

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back