Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttts Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo Journal

Taycans will be found in the Mersey canal shortly, like it's little brother, the e-scooter

Got a 4 digit plate for the car........I guess I need to setup a new company called VFN now :grin:

Short plate on order for the rear, my brother has one on his and it looks cool.

U2V9DI5.jpg

Short Rear Plate fitted ....

q9UMg0i.jpg

Met up with my brother today, interesting to see the differences between hos Sport Turismo and my Cross Turismo up close...

XAIrBrE.jpg

I saw a meet up of Viper Green Taycans the other day. Not a good colour on them

Attachments

• 130ab2a8_2290_4c4b_82e5_87dfc7efe5a1_limescooters_031920_01_mw_117.jpg
    130ab2a8_2290_4c4b_82e5_87dfc7efe5a1_limescooters_031920_01_mw_117.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 629
Obviously a Porsha novice :roll:

Ive completed my first proper business trip (gotta keep the wolf from the door sometimes :grin: )........north of Glasgow for a couple of days.

So set off from Liverpool, 2.15hrs later stopped at Gretna services with c25% charge and had a 40 minute break for lunch and some work emails (My normal length of stop but I usually do it earlier at Tebay)......that took the car to an easy 95% charge. That would have been enough (just) for a return trip to Gretna on the way back but I was passing a new Ionity chargers just off the M8 in Glasgow so 1.5 hours later I stopped there for a coffee......that charger worked faster and I was back at 95% in 20min. I then went to the pictures and watched John Wick 4 (what a film).......and then hotel for the night after a hard day at work :bandit:

The return leg was easy, just a quick charge at Gretna, this time charging too fast, I had to rush my Kentucky box meal ie <20min. The final 2.5 hour leg back home and I arrived with 12 mile of range left.

The main points for me was that I did not have to stop more than I would have anyway on the trip, I did not even need to consider Range mode on the car and after a month the car has learned how I drive ie the Range indicator is very accurate. I left gretna and it said I would arrive home with 10% charge, I did it with 7% left but I absolutely caned it back. The car is like Moses with the M6 just parting in front of me ....seriously it's ridiculous how cars get out the way :hand:

Bottom line is so long as you can get 3 hours driving out of an EV then for 99% of trips there is no reason why it should really affect your trip :thumb:

Ps being at a charge station is like the smoking shelter at work, its so easy to talk to people. Early days but met some really friendly people, I'm sure I'll run into a knob at some point (or maybe thats me :grin: )

So for a guy who does little work and when he does it's usually bumming about at service stations eating Kentucky and drinking plenty of coffee at the companies expense, they're the ideal motor. Knew there be a demographic somewhere that was suited to such a gimmick.

Lecky cars remind me of Monaco. Everyone who resides there tells you it's the most beautiful place in the World and such a joy to live there (when in reality it's far from it), but can never bring themselves to admit the only sole reason for it is Tax avoidance.

Nope I can honestly say its a awesome car, witchcraft. Its already the best daily / company car I've ever had and those range from Ferrari, RR Phantom and LWB Vogues.......the best of all 3. Yes it does not have the emotion of a wailing soundtrack but as a daily that is the one thing I can sacrifice for the sheer speed and luxury of the thing in the real world.

The fact I'm effectively getting paid to drive it is a big bonus......reminds me of my days at BP but this time the government is sponsoring it :grin:....I guess its more like being paid to live somewhere you enjoy !

Ps the work I did this morning was worth the trip but I can't talk about that on here :hand: ........at my stage in life the 1.5 days travel for a 3 hour meeting has to be the fun bit.....a wise man told me a long time ago, if you don't realise your own value to others you will just get taken advantage of :thumb:

jonttt said:
Met up with my brother today, interesting to see the differences between hos Sport Turismo and my Cross Turismo up close...

XAIrBrE.jpg

I can confirm they both look Fu*******ing awful :eek:

Are you still a member on here :grin:

I can't stop driving the bloody thing :floor:

I've done nearly 3,000 miles in 5 weeks........the side effect however is that the boxster has not moved a wheel since its 2 day yorkshire adventures :oops: . It is booked in for its MOT tomorrow so I decided to give it clean to get rid of the cobwebs (literally)......always nice to get pictures of the cars together ......

ylWPAW1.jpg

Met up with some forum members at the porsche track day at Oulton Park this morning........even with so many nice Porsches the drama of the Lamborghini stood out :thumb:

N9nvwvU.jpg

You were at Oulton for the OpenTrack day? I've not long been back.

Oh re-read it, missed you by a day. There was a lot of tasty cars there yesterday too. What's with those bloody approach roads though?! Jesus wept!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back