Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttts Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo Journal

So time for an update……..

There is no update :ROFLMAO:

The car has not burst into flames or broken down, boring

The car is now on c16k miles. I put on a fresh set of boots just before Christmas on 15k miles. Pretty even wear across all 4 which even for a 4 wheel drive is a little surprising. I could have got a few more thousand out of them but wanted fresh rubber on for winter. I’ve been impressed the original tyres and so stuck with the same Pirelli NFO Electric specific (they have additional noise reducing foam) …..I was pleasantly surprised with the price, google search, kwik fit online order, booked 1 hour fitting locally within a week for <£1200 all in, effectively x4 for the price of 3.

The car also indicated a software update recall back in November. I’ve had zero issues with the software and it could have waited for its first service due in march but i fancied a dealer visit so booked in for earlier this week. It was an estimated 2 hour job if i dropped it in before 8.30am so they could jump straight on it…….in the end was closer to 3 hours but the time flew to be honest just talking to the staff as it was pretty quite post Xmas. They gave me plenty of freebies for the “inconvenience” :cool:. The software was a major one, hence could not be done over the air but so far i have not noticed any actual difference.

I’ll be booking the car in for its service in march, probably be c£700 just to look at it and change the brake fluid :rolleyes:……the internet says prices can vary wildely for taycan servicing so I’ll probably ring around out of curiosity as there are 4 OPC’s I could easily use (Chester, Wilmslow, Bolton, South Lakes)

So the car continues to be what it was intended as …… a cheap luxury daily driver sports car !

I wonder at the requirement for a "major" software update... I think I have perhaps updated my Tesla at home on four separate occasions over the when advised by Tesla to do so in circa 8 months of ownership... I too found no defect in the software relative to any of the updates...though I am a low mileage user...just over 3k to date...

sorry Jonttt , unless its caught fire or your selling it for £1 its not fashionable news

I think they are the best looking EV s on sale

• Haha
Reactions: FZP
I had a great day with FZP at the Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone on Thursday. I couldn’t face the 3+ hour drive down there for an 8.30am start and so stayed at the Hilton on the circuit the night before, managed to blag a room overlooking the start / finish grid ….god knows what that costs on the F1 weekend….

I was quite happy that the car we drove was the Taycan given its my daily ……….I’m getting too old for 3 hours of handling driving so was more than happy to share the actual driving load with Frank (and sit in the restaurant overlooking when not driving lol)……thoroughly enjoyed the day. I would not say i learned anything new about the car (or how to drive) other than the Taycan is a more than capable handling car and even without the handling aids turned on its pretty easy to control on the various types of skid pans on offer.

If you ever get the chance to go definately do it, the place is superb and they really look after you for the time you are there.

It was a good day. My only experience in an electric car prior was a Tesla P100D which was underwhelming to say the least. Taycan drives like a big sports car.
The biggest surprise if thele day was when we were leaving Silvestone as to how close in acceleration performance a Taycan Turbo and 997 GTS are when both cars are already moving. The Taycan was marginally quicker, but only just.

It was a good day. My only experience in an electric car prior was a Tesla P100D which was underwhelming to say the least. Taycan drives like a big sports car.
The biggest surprise if thele day was when we were leaving Silvestone as to how close in acceleration performance a Taycan Turbo and 997 GTS are when both cars are already moving. The Taycan was marginally quicker, but only just.
Yep i would agree, it you take away the initial torque differential from a standing start, i would say the Taycan turbo was only marginally faster than the 997 GTS ….gotta love those dual carriageways leaving Silverstone lol

Reactions: FZP
I had a great day with FZP at the Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone on Thursday. I couldn’t face the 3+ hour drive down there for an 8.30am start and so stayed at the Hilton on the circuit the night before, managed to blag a room overlooking the start / finish grid ….god knows what that costs on the F1 weekend….

I was quite happy that the car we drove was the Taycan given its my daily ……….I’m getting too old for 3 hours of handling driving so was more than happy to share the actual driving load with Frank (and sit in the restaurant overlooking when not driving lol)……thoroughly enjoyed the day. I would not say i learned anything new about the car (or how to drive) other than the Taycan is a more than capable handling car and even without the handling aids turned on its pretty easy to control on the various types of skid pans on offer.

If you ever get the chance to go definately do it, the place is superb and they really look after you for the time you are there.
is it free to charge your Porsche at that Porsche venue ?

is it free to charge your Porsche at that Porsche venue ?
Nope. I believe porsche used to allow free charging at OPC’s and the PEC but that stopped before i got my car.

up to a taycan’s 3rd birthday you can use your porsche charge card to get the reduced fast DC tariff of 30p /kwh BUT unlike with Ionity you also have to pay a per minute rate which makes it a rip off, sorry more expensive. I therefore have never bothered charging at an OPC before whilst there but did at the PEC as it was convenient ie I got a full charge whilst having breakfast.

The Taycan had its first service at OPC Chester last week. I had booked it in a couple of months ago and timed it almost perfect to be at 20k miles.
Initially they had quoted me c£1,200 including brake fluid change. When I queried this they broke it down as follows:

Capture.JPG

Over 50% of the cost was for the last 3 items :unsure:

I queried if these where actually needed to maintain the warranty ?

They huffed and puffed a bit then admitted that they were not :rolleyes:…….so I told them I only wanted the 20k inspection and brake fluid doing…..the cost was c£517.90 ie the top x3 items only (nb the Pollen Filter is £65+VAT of that).

When I turned up they had surprisingly got it right and did not try to RIP ME OFF again :ROFLMAO:. I wonder how many loyal customers fall for this tactic assuming its part of the standard service required to maintain warranty ?????

the experience was all very pleasant with the usual eye candy rolled out to look after me 😁, I got the meet and great, free coffe, free biscuits but a new experience for me was the “lets go to the inspection bay”. All very nice, my car was driven in whilst I supped my coffee, drove over something which was supposed to read something about the tyres but was not working :ROFLMAO: and basically just wasted 20 min whilst she looked and walked around the car. I was not bothered as it gave me time to drink my coffee but in future I think I’ll just decline and get off. I got the feeling this was all “we need to pad the time out to justify charging you for basically just looking at the car” :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I had booked a courtesy car. I declined the GT3RS they offered my for a Taycan as I did not want something slower :ROFLMAO: and I drove it 400m to Cheshire oaks to do some shopping and watch Dune 2 :cool:…..yes it would have been easier to walk over lol

I timed the film perfectly exiting at 4pm to an inspection report that had been emailed over and then a phone call to say my car was ready to collect. The inspection report was all ticks but with a “warning” / advisory that my rear right tyre “only” had 5mm of tread :ROFLMAO:…..all x4 tyres are less than 3 months old !…….the upselling never ceases but the scare mongering on these reports is annoying to say the least, more wondering how many customers fall for this.

I picked up the car all clean and shiney (I had ticked the free valet box after all) and I left. Unlike with a ICE car there is no placebo effect, no its feels better because its got new oil etc…. It just “felt” the same………I booted it and had fun driving home.

All in all a very pleasant experiences but apart from the brake fluid change it just felt like a tick box exercise. The cost was what it was, if anything its was just to maintain the warranty but it just left me wondering that its all about how dealers can justify charging for anything now that there is nothing to actually service. The whole “let’s inspect it together in a nice fancy garage” was all a bit Meh……..just take my money and tick the box, don’t waste my time as well.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back