Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

headlights on 996 3.4 c2 - shocking

Fair enough, Madden, makes sense.

55w low beam is pushing it in my book.

One of the revisions to the lighting reg`s is that if you are using HID bulbs in a Halogen Lamp it should fail this is based on the MOT tester actually looking at the lamp and because of the design of the 996 Halogen headlamp lense you cannot see the dipped beam bulb and as the slimline ballasts can be installed actually in the headlamp it would be difficult for the tester to establish what the lights consist of so providing the lights meet the correct beam requirement it may pass the MOT and mine has passed before OK.

Del.

INWB said:
Gents

A bit of help. My 2003 C4S. I think I have Litronics but it doesn't have the washer jet so I'm a bit confused. The have the projector and it is a white light for mains and boring halogens for sides etc.

Any help appreciated as I want to change all for LEDs and new HID. Just need to know exactly what I need to order.

Also for the number plates (not stupid bright) and the interior lights.

Also assuming CANBUS?

If someone can give me a foolproof shopping list that would be great.

If its not got washers it has not got Litronics. It is a legal requirement for cars sold with Xenons to have washers, for some reason.

I suspect you have the standard projector lights, unless a previous owner has put HIDs in the dipped.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back