Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early Sat Nav retrofit.

Haha, I know, but quite a few have used them now and said they are pretty good.

A couple of people on facebook have said they have been more impressed with them than the PCCM+ they fitted originally, less flaky.
The Porsche one is just a Chinese Android unit, and using pretty old hardware, not even wireless Carplay.

My main concern with them would be the screen dimming, aftermarket, including units from manufacturers like Sony and Pioneer, don't tend to have an ambient light sensor on them, they just have a two settings for screen brightness, for when the headlights are on or off. The screen dimming or brightening when the cabin is darker or lighter is such a nice feature you don't notice until it is gone.
I joke, but at the end of the day if it works as intended and it saves your money, job done 👍🏻

I joke, but at the end of the day if it works as intended and it saves your money, job done 👍🏻

I think the money side is just a bonus, the Porsche version isn't wireless carplay, doesn't have an ambient light sensor and I think a trick they really missed was not allowing you to adjust the climate on the head unit, thus making it compatible with console delete cars.

The 997 for me is even worse, having to have a cable dangling from the front of the unit, no usb input on the rear? With no wireless carplay that is a massive oversight I can't believe they missed in development.

However, having sounded like a grumpy, miserable twot, I must also doff my cap to Porsche for even bringing these units out, can't think of any other car maker who would bring out modern devices for 25 year old cars, that is superb and if it had had a couple more features I would have bought one just to support them. In fact I still may buy the single din version at some point.

I think now they do them copying the Porsche design for buttons and font etc. is nice too.

Plus the latest gen versions have got so fast processing power wise over the last 12-18 months or so, they are meant to feel really snappy to use.

Yep, just look for "Porsche 996 carplay" on AliExpress - they look pretty good. I wish they existed before I bought a PCCM+.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back