Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does a Hartech rebuild add value? Selling my 997

:grin:

Hi

For me personally I would only consider a Hartech rebuilt car. If the rebuild cost £10k then I would pay 5k over a non rebuilt car. Maybe a bit more.

Having said that buying an engine damaged car and giving it the Hartech treatment is also an alternative. Especially if you can take it apart and put it back together again. I know this route works because that is what my brother and I did.

You do not need to sell your car "cheap". Be patient and wait for the right buyer who understands what he is doing and getting.

All the best

Berni

If you want direct evidence, this is as good as you're going to get. Two 996.2 manual Carreras at the same dealer (Friends Green).

77k miles. Hartech rebuild in 2019. £24,996.
https://www.friendsgreenporsche.com/car/porsche-911-996-carrera-manual-hartech-rebuild/

87k miles. No rebuild. £22,996.
https://www.friendsgreenporsche.com/car/porsche-911-996-carrera-manual-ims-done/

That dealer shifts a lot of these cars and will likely have a very good feel for the premium the rebuild can fetch. And, well, you can see the price differential.

Personally, I think that undervalues the rebuild. But it is what it is.

(For clarity, they are both now 'reserved' but were for sale at the same time.)

joshkbaker said:
I'm thinking of already selling my 997.1 Carrera 4S.
It's had a full Hartech rebuild about 20,000 miles ago. It also has about 65 pages of service history and maintenance on the car over the last 18 years.

It has a host of upgrades that I'm thinking of pulling off as it wouldn't add any value to the car (I don't think) and I could resell it for some money back.

200 Cell Xpipe
Ducktail
Short Shifter
Momo Porsche Engraved wheel
LED front lights
8/15 Spacers

I've had the car almost a year a now and unfortunately, it just isn't doing it for me. I actually sold my 981 Cayman to move into my first 911. I was really excited to have my first 911 but I also liked the idea of being able to take my girlfriend and daughter out in it. Truth be told, they both really disliked the harsh suspension ride and they've been out in it a grand total of 2 times. I may aswell stuck with the sports car just for me and just use the SUV for family times.

Of course, I've had some regret regarding the car too. I'm sure I'll be crucified by people in this forum but I actually think my Cayman was a significantly better and more enjoyable car. So I think I'm going to look at getting back into a Cayman at some point.

It depends how badly I'm going to be burned by selling the 911.

So do people think a Hartech rebuild would add any value?
Car has done 97,000 miles.

Unless you have small kids or a midget family (or a dog) the Cayman is a better car (shhhh best kept secret lol) and 911 owners get upset...

spongebob squarepants said:
joshkbaker said:
I'm thinking of already selling my 997.1 Carrera 4S.
It's had a full Hartech rebuild about 20,000 miles ago. It also has about 65 pages of service history and maintenance on the car over the last 18 years.

It has a host of upgrades that I'm thinking of pulling off as it wouldn't add any value to the car (I don't think) and I could resell it for some money back.

200 Cell Xpipe
Ducktail
Short Shifter
Momo Porsche Engraved wheel
LED front lights
8/15 Spacers

I've had the car almost a year a now and unfortunately, it just isn't doing it for me. I actually sold my 981 Cayman to move into my first 911. I was really excited to have my first 911 but I also liked the idea of being able to take my girlfriend and daughter out in it. Truth be told, they both really disliked the harsh suspension ride and they've been out in it a grand total of 2 times. I may aswell stuck with the sports car just for me and just use the SUV for family times.

Of course, I've had some regret regarding the car too. I'm sure I'll be crucified by people in this forum but I actually think my Cayman was a significantly better and more enjoyable car. So I think I'm going to look at getting back into a Cayman at some point.

It depends how badly I'm going to be burned by selling the 911.

So do people think a Hartech rebuild would add any value?
Car has done 97,000 miles.

Unless you have small kids or a midget family (or a dog) the Cayman is a better car (shhhh best kept secret lol) and 911 owners get upset...

Now look what you have gonna done........... :hand: :floor:

spongebob squarepants said:

Says the bloke who bought a Cayman, did about 10 mile in it, then couldn't sell it quick enough. How long did you own it - a month?

To be fair he sold it to buy another one .... :hand:

jonttt said:
To be fair he sold it to buy another one .... :hand:

Sooner have a Boxster. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back