Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Missing my 997 since it's been gone....

systemmeister

Spa-Francorchamps
Screenshot_20231022-170730.png
Thankfully it's only been gone into storage for a while....but it's long past due having an MOT, shake down and seeing the light of day once more.

I have a few jobs to complete after the long list of jobs undertaken during lockdown.

I have two freshened driveshafts to fit, new front coffin arms to bolt on, and a I also need to source some Depo led rear lights ...

A bigger undertaking looming on the horizon is an engine rebuild.
I'm starting to get my ducks in a row....and planning has started.
I will be carrying out the spannering myself along with assistance from my son who has recently moved jobs and now works for Singer.

I believe I will need an engine workshop manual for tips, guidance and torque specs.
If anyone can help either pointing me in the right direction or selling me a used book, then that would be most appreciated.

Updates to be published when work begins.
Cheers all.

Impressive having a go at the engine yourself.

I'm no mechanic but I'm a bloody good resercher and I know my limits. I just took my headers off and sorted 3 snapped studs so I'm feeling pleased with myself :)

Please keep the thread updated with your progess?

Good work on the headers Mac. Yeah I undertook same job a couple of years ago and it's no fun with snapped bolts. Had to drill and helicoil quite a few.

Good work on the headers Mac. Yeah I undertook same job a couple of years ago and it's no fun with snapped bolts. Had to drill and helicoil quite a few.
It was satisfying. I took a whole day to strip the exhaust off as I'd never even taking the rear bumper off before this point. I then did the drilling the next day in the morning and a couple of hours after work for a few nights and it was sorted. I painted the tandem pump whilst I was in there and checked the hydraulic tensioner.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back