Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AutoAlex has just bought a 993

Pickled Piper

Suzuka
Just found on YouTube that AutoAlex has purchased a 993. It's s high mileage C4 (200K miles) in Arena Red.

Did it belong to anyone on here?

I don't normally follow AutoAlex as I find him quite irritating. However, wiht the purchase of a 993, he's gone up in my estimation.

pp

Yeah, agree, the Porsche 993 is just something else. The sleek design, that air-cooled engine... it's like a work of art on wheels. The way Porsche paid attention to every little detail, it's no wonder this car has a cult following. I mean, who wouldn't love the 993? It's classic Porsche at its finest. What do you guys think? Any other 993 fans out there?

I had never heard of autoalex until my mates 8 year old wanted to meet him at the classic motor show in November and he couldn't have been nicer. Gave the 8 year old free t shirt and bag of goodies and spent time taking photos with him so top marks for encouraging the next generation of classic fans!

I had not heard of him before …….here is his video on the 993 he bought

Yes - I sold it to him. Nice chap, and getting the 993 was genuinely his dream come true.... also one of the easiest and hassle-free sale I've ever been involved in.
Well done mate - what’s next?

not seen the channel before but will take a look

thanks for sharing

Hey Mr N….. next up is getting a house move sorted, fettling the 914, smoking round in an old 986 and trying to keep my cash in my pocket for a change!
Ha! I know the feeling - let me know when you're next heading C&M way and lets grab a coffee - will be interested in your views on a 986 as its something I keep getting drawn to for the summer.

He's really grasped the appealing characteristics of the 993. I'm looking forward to his future videos.

It's made me want to take my Garage Queen out for a blast, but that's going to have to wait until the salt has been washed off the roads.

When I was looking for my first 911 it was a straight choice between a 7 year old 996.2 or a 12 year old 993. Both were readily available for my £23k budget.

I went for the 996 but often wonder how different my 911 journey would have been if I'd gone the other route. Watching this video makes me think I might still have had the same car 15 years on.

First came across Alex Kersten when he was on the YouTube Channel "Car Throttle" with two other presenters. In the early days he & the channel had some interesting articles & projects but Alex became so annoying & full of himself. A Jeremy Clarkson wannabe. I don't/can't watch anything he is involved in now. Glad to read from some comments here that it's not just me. The same thing with Mat Watson, he became annoying with as well.

I enjoyed watching Alex and his 993. I’ve not used mine for a couple of months and I was wondering why I am not selling it. As the rain will have dealt with the salt I’m going to drive it tomorrow. - so , thanks Alex

Can’t go wrong with an arena red, 993 💯

I wonder what he’s got planned for the car

Yes - I sold it to him. Nice chap, and getting the 993 was genuinely his dream come true.... also one of the easiest and hassle-free sale I've ever been involved in.
Did you fit the K&N air filter he mentions? Did it make any noticeable difference to the drive?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back