Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a 993 without seeing it - Another 993 Project

Hi

Excellent work, looks very nice indeed. I have been playing with my COVID project Boxster recently. I'm looking forwards to turning my attention back to my 993 in due course.

Berni

Looking good, apart from the seats that's exactly how mine is with the classic grey carpet set and black interior pieces now.

As an update the 993 has now had a trip to CG and is driving superbly. One of the main jobs was that the front upper mounts were totally shot and the front as Pete called it was set up like an RS on Speed.

The car is now very settled and very well balanced. It requires rear arms so will go back early next year for that job. Also the engine mounts are on there way out and I need to decide OE Standard or OEM RS - any views?

Couple of read outs showing the before and after.

50407383098_4d7d58da1b_c.jpg

50408081076_99d487bc25_c.jpg

50326995801_8fd3c17e64_b.jpg

Then a trip to the beach to catch last weeks good weather. So trip to the Great Orme, the beach at Conwy. Dog loved it as did the kids. Only other car on the car park was a Landrover who gave us a funny look as 2 adults ,2 children and a dog got out of the 993 :grin: :grin:

50301599327_4f4af35494_b.jpg

912Polo said:
Then a trip to the beach to catch last weeks good weather. So trip to the Great Orme the beach at Conwy. Dog loved it as did the kids. Only other car was a Landrover who gave us a funny look as 2 adults ,2 children and a dog got out of the 993 :grin: :grin:

50301599327_4f4af35494_b.jpg

Your car looks really great with those black centred wheels :thumb:

Cheers Nick I don't usually go for swapping wheels but think they suit Guards Red :thumb:

50301606057_816f448605_b.jpg

912Polo said:
As an update the 993 has now had a trip to CG and is driving superbly. One of the main jobs was that the front upper mounts were totally shot and the front as Pete called it was set up like an RS on Speed.

The car is now very settled and very well balanced. It requires rear arms so will go back early next year for that job. Also the engine mounts are on there way out and I need to decide OE Standard or OEM RS - any views?

Couple of read outs showing the before and after.

50407383098_4d7d58da1b_c.jpg

50408081076_99d487bc25_c.jpg

50326995801_8fd3c17e64_b.jpg
Personally I would got for the RS ones, gear shift improved and increase in nvh not noticed.

Cheers Endoman I think the RS ones are the way to go.

Mike

Hi

I also agree the 993 RS ones are the way to go. I have them fitted to my 993 and have no NVH issues.

I have modified (polyeurethane filled) mounts on my 986 Boxster and I cant wait to get them off. The whole car vibrates at idle, and my engine idles quite nicely!

All the best

Berni

I went with Wevo Semi Solids. A noticeable difference from the well used OEM's and i'd guess a little more compliant than solid RS mounts.

Don't forget to reinforce your engine carrier if going for solids. :thumb:

C.

My car is a C4S and I went with the OEM RS Engine Mounts and also had the FD Motorsports Transmission Mount fitted at the same time. There has been no noticeable increase in NVH. Your car looks great. :thumb:

I replaced my shot C2 mounts with aftermarket (URO) RS mounts which were fairly terrible for nvh, not from the hardness of the rubber but from a defect causing the washers to make contact with the metal on the mounts.

I got rid of those and went for 993 Turbo mounts which are brilliant, and well priced compared to OEM RS mounts.

Their firmness is somewhere in between C2 and RS mounts, a further benefit compared to the C2 mounts is that they are of all rubber construction, so no fluid to leak out.

Thanks for the comments and advice.

I am certainly getting the use out of it. Might even change Zingari's mind that 993's are used. :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back