Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tuthill Porsche 911 4.0-Litre 993 RSK

Porsche News

• Tuthill is expanding its lineup with the RSK restomod, based on the 993.
  • The body of the RSK has been stripped and repainted in a stunning green hue with pink accents inspired by the Porsche 917/20 Pink Pig.
  • The 911K engine components include a 4.0-litre flat-six with four valves per cylinder "derived from the 911K."
1711410420042.png

Tuthill Porsche may be best-known for its rally-tuned Porsche race cars, but after introducing the 911K in 2022, it is now adding another road-biased restomod to its repertoire: the RSK. While most 911 enthusiasts have been lavishing love on the 930 and 964 generations, 996 popularity is starting to gain momentum, and this restomod is sure to increase the fame of the last air-cooled 911 with its remarkable design and astonishing performance claims. Among them, a power-to-weight ratio better than that of a contemporary Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

1711410451029.png
1711410468636.png
1711410475765.png
1711410489502.png
1711410504239.png
1711410524621.png
1711410542098.png
1711410550944.png

This very first, recently completed example is destined for a life in Hong Kong;. With the revelation that its power-to-weight ratio betters the current 992 GT3 RS. That’s a 525hp car that weighs 1,450kg ready to roll - improving on it will make for a very fast 911 indeed.

There’s plenty more to be distracted by until then, too. The paint being perhaps the most obvious one, the 993 stripped back to a bare shell and resprayed in-house at Tuthill; the Verde Francesca shade is a Ferrari colour, and even at a time when every other 911 seems to be green it really does look sensational. The decals, including that excellent flying pink pig, are said to be hand-painted.

On the chassis side, the RSK gets Tuthill’s adjustable dampers, a bespoke anti-roll bar and Michelin Pilot Sport 5 tyres. Most interesting perhaps are the brakes, which combine billet calipers with carbon ceramic brakes - Tuthill suggests this could be a world first.

Story | Tuthills. Image | Charlie B Photography

Nice, that looks like a fun thing to drive

I wonder what Tuthill, Singer, Gunterworks, etc will do when all the original air cooled cars have all disappeared due to countless resto-molestations drying up the available stock. Probably just build brand new ones from scratch ...

There's a load of 996/997's waiting in the wings should they decide to turn their attentions to water-cooled

Nice, that looks like a fun thing to drive

I wonder what Tuthill, Singer, Gunterworks, etc will do when all the original air cooled cars have all disappeared due to countless resto-molestations drying up the available stock. Probably just build brand new ones from scratch ...

There's a load of 996/997's waiting in the wings should they decide to turn their attentions to water-cooled
Probably retire with incredibly large pension funds having sold off the companies to some poor unsuspecting sod not knowing where the next donor cars are coming from - surely that must be a great indicator for the 993 prices to keep rising though!

Singer have been around for 10 years now and have managed 450 Claasics and 75 DLS... so 525 cars out if 63,700... that's 0.8%... I'm sure there will be plenty of flakey 964s to keep them busy... Tuthills are a smaller operation... and keep themselves sits over all versions.

Chris mentions anywhere between 360-380hp. Anybody know why so low? (relatively of course). Those numbers are easily achievable with the 2 valve heads and builders like NB and rothsport regularly get 400+ from the 2 valveheads (xtreme cylinder heads version at least). I was expecting way more than this, I thought at least 480....

"Sir would like a further 100 horses for his chariot? Well, let me see... that will be £xxx,000 +VAT.... Oh... ? I see... Yes, well, the standard 380 version is a lovely unit..."

well the problem is that convo already happened...those 4 valve heads are 40k+...whereas the highest end 2 valve heads max out at about 10k......

I did watch that yesterday with Chris Harris , it’s a good vid and funny . That seemed a bit odd to do that to such a rare car, but it might have been knackered so what the hell , and the fact it’s the owners car he can do what he likes at the end of the day .

They had this car at Salon Privé, looked nice n all but god knows what it would cost - £1M?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back