Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996GT3 to F430 ???

Its not the leather you could smell :eek:

These where a few shots taken by a Pro car photographer, he wanted to do them for his portfolio. I'm not keen on photos that have been tinkered with, but here is a few of what he did?

:cloud9:

I see yours has the Scud rear grill Boba. I read that you need a different rear bumper too, to fit that? Is the original grill built onto the standard bumper, hence all one piece?

Marky911 said:

I see yours has the Scud rear grill Boba. I read that you need a different rear bumper too, to fit that? Is the original grill built onto the standard bumper, hence all one piece?

Hi mate, no the rear bumper is different, the challenge Grill and the rear bumper are two separate items. It was an optional extra from the factory.

Some have tried retro fitting them by cutting the standard bumper but it is not a good finish, and requires further fabrication and clips welded.

I've had a small wrap added now around the number plate, so it looks more scud like...

Ah yes, gotcha. I'd read something similar. That's a very nice option to have. 8)
Oh and the extra black section looks great. :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Marky911 said:

Hi mate, no the rear bumper is different, the challenge Grill and the rear bumper are two separate items. It was an optional extra from the factory.

Some have tried retro fitting them by cutting the standard bumper but it is not a good finish, and requires further fabrication and clips welded.

I've had a small wrap added now around the number plate, so it looks more scud like...

Indeed the Scud rear option for the 360 and 430 is not a real challenge item but one made for the options list, a challenge rear grill is different in many ways and won't fit

Funny Bobba you talking about parking as yesterday I stopped parked up with spaces with side, came back from the shop to find people had parked either side and as such I could not get in my car at all.
A normal car you could get in the boot and try that but nope thats not going to happen.
Felt a right plonker

:eek: :eek:

jonttt said:
Don't let kids drive them :roll:

0da5tFW.jpg

Thats my Mrs when I keep saying 'I know what I fancy buying'

www.prosport-ferrari.com

This link will save you a fortune on Ferrari parts

jonttt said:
This link will also save you a fortune on Ferrari parts :thumb: https://www.porsche.com/uk/

Hi mate if I recall, the Ferrari F430 you had as a daily was a company car, I'm mean what a car to have!! if I'm right, can I ask what company had these as company cars? :thumb:

Yep, it was a golden handshake to get me on board.........the owner was a bog car nut and had every super car you could think of in his garage and they got driven, lets just say I got to drive some nice cars.......the black 430 ended up as a pool car after I used it

jonttt said:
Yep, it was a golden handshake to get me on board.........the owner was a bog car nut and had every super car you could think of in his garage and they got driven, lets just say I got to drive some nice cars.......the black 430 ended up as a pool car after I used it

Awesome, very lucky man :thumb:

Different worlds Jon, different Worlds. I don't even get a tin of biscuits off my boss at Xmas. :grin:

You must have been living the dream back then. (Not that you're doing badly now mind!).

Toby that's a nightmare re the parking. Some people are just awkward.
Funny you mention Prosport as I've been living on their website for the past week or so.

After that 430 I'm interested in, this 360 is top choice. Going to try and view the 430 on Friday then the 360 on Saturday.
Bear with me on the 360. I wasn't going to link it incase it gets bought but they've had it for over two months. This is the car -

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11638269

Salesman's patter is great. 'Very much Blue chip investment spec". :grin:
Shaaaddaapp man! I'm buying it to thrash down to Italy not park in a bubble. :D

YouTube vid here -

I'll run it 'as is" initially but then add the Prosport CS kit to replicate this.

It already has the rare seats, roll hoop and aftermarket exhaust. Oh and it's manual obviously.

Plenty of change for mods too (compared to F430 price). So we'll see. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Different worlds Jon, different Worlds. I don't even get a tin of biscuits off my boss at Xmas. :grin:

You must have been living the dream back then. (Not that you're doing badly now mind!).

Toby that's a nightmare re the parking. Some people are just awkward.
Funny you mention Prosport as I've been living on their website for the past week or so.

After that 430 I'm interested in, this 360 is top choice. Going to try and view the 430 on Friday then the 360 on Saturday.
Bear with me on the 360. I wasn't going to link it incase it gets bought but they've had it for over two months. This is the car -

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11638269

Salesman's patter is great. 'Very much Blue chip investment spec". :grin:
Shaaaddaapp man! I'm buying it to thrash down to Italy not park in a bubble. :D

YouTube vid here -

I'll run it 'as is" initially but then add the Prosport CS kit to replicate this.

It already has the rare seats, roll hoop and aftermarket exhaust. Oh and it's manual obviously.

Plenty of change for mods too (compared to F430 price). So we'll see. :thumb:

Cracking car, I looked at that one but the seats did not suit me, I am 5' 8" and they make me sit a bit low and being skinny I rattle around in them.
The blue in real life is way way better than the photo trust me is a gorgeous car

So did you view that one in person Toby or did you sample the seats in another car at some point?
I collect the GT3 from its service next Saturday and it's an hour south from my home which puts us an hour closer to that 360, so we are going to collect the 911 and head down, providing the dealer does Saturday viewings obviously.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back