Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gauging interest - Lloyd Six Exhaust mod

Lloyd Six

Sao Paulo
Forget the Ottle & PSE, I have tried those mods & still the 996 C2 & C4 seem not only too quiet but lack aggression & most of all that growl that one would expect from a Porsche 911.

I have at last managed to get my hands on a pair of standard silencers to hack about, modify and achieve the much desired acoustic from these boxes.

For the record up until late 2008 I was the head of Magnaflow performance exhausts for the UK. I have had years of experience on how to achieve certain sounds by altering baffles and
inserting special inserts whilst maintaining acurate back pressure.

My aim is to recapture the retro air-cooled sound of early 911's crossed
with the PSE growl you get on a C4S but incurring no drone what so ever.

Once done, I will be looking to build these on a regular basis.

I am thinking the price will fall at £425 exchange all in.

That would mean, I would send you a pair of nice Silver boxes that look standard but sound - oh - my - god - amazing, you then send to me the old boxes you take off your car.

£425 is all inclusive of shipping and collection of the old boxes.

Your thoughts please???

Hi Llloyd,

Price sounds ok.. we obvously need a member discount :wink:

Get a video uploaded to wet our appetite!

brumbrum

brumbrum said:
Hi Llloyd,

brumbrum

+1

Daniel said:
brumbrum said:
Hi Llloyd,

brumbrum

+1

And also we need you to get some db level's too...

From 0.5 metre at 4,500 revs :thumb:

Daniel said:

And 6,000 revs for MSV tracks - needs to be under 105db :thumbs:

Yes very................

I would also be interested, right noise, right price, video would be good here and also some sort of money back guarantee...

But very interested, there is agap in the market here, you are right.. :grin:

Interested

I would also be interested, anyone know how much it would cost to remove and fit, just purchased a 996 C4 cab, how easy and could I do this myself?

Very interested, I have the factory PSE but it's still far too quiet.

Wow! Didn't expect to get that much interest within one hour... I'd better get the grinder out!

Supprised David that you find a C4S with PSE too quiet but then we always just want that little bit more.

The internal hack that I have in mind will make it even louder still, I would try to get it to what it sounds like with PSE in off position as loud as open so when the PSE does open it will sound like a Ferrari 360 with a Tubi system.

Re: Interested

mjwscorpio said:
I would also be interested, anyone know how much it would cost to remove and fit, just purchased a 996 C4 cab, how easy and could I do this myself?

Simple (ish) DiY.

The only difficult bit would be if your cat to silencer connectors are rotten BUT I can supply new galvanised ones for about £15 the pair including 4 clamps, nuts, bolts & washers. Then you can simply cut through the original bolts.

If you didn't want to do it yourself a decent indy would charge circa £30 - 40 (for a proper job)

NXI20 said:
Daniel said:

And 6,000 revs for MSV tracks - needs to be under 105db :thumbs:

This too...
:thumbs:

would you be willing to branch out to TT's once the cash starts rolling in? :D

Abbylad said:
would you be willing to branch out to TT's once the cash starts rolling in? :D

For sure I will.
Pretty much a pair of straight through, Rockwool lined silencers should do the trick on the TT because a turbo is the biggest silencer you can get on it's own. Back pressure on the TT needs to be as close to non-existant as possible to get more power. Thin T304 stainless would give the desired resonation comined with Rockwool to achieve the basey rumbling growl at low revs.

Exciting stuff :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back