Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swapping beige interior for black & alcantara

elliot_holder

Nurburgring
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a quick update on my 'little' new year project.

My car has a sand beige interior which although in immaculate condition was never the interior I wanted.

Over the past few years I've slowly been amassing black interior parts, and recently managed to get hold of a pair of GT3 seats in leather and Alcantara along with matching door cards and lower dash.

I've spent the last couple of days completely stripping the interior, everything including the dashboard, headlining, seat belts etc has come out.

It's been a pig of a task (especially removing the dash) but I've just started refitting today and you can see new carpets and headlining are in already.

image_zpsmb6gi1bu.jpeg

image_zpsejmjn1xr.jpeg

Sorry for poor photos, lighting in my garage is crap and only had my iPhone on me.

It'll be a few weeks till I have it all back together as I need to send off the seatbelts to SSB to change webbing to red, a few parts to Linas for retrimming and I'm waiting for my buddy to return the centre console as he's spraying it piano black for me.

It should look great once it's all back together and hopefully you'll all agree a bit more suited to the car than the previous sand beige.

Will keep you all updated on progress. In the mean time if anyone is looking for any interior parts in sand beige let me know :bye:

Wow man so brave!! I thought I was mad with interior mods :lol:
:worship: :worship:

+1 - very brave.
Watch out the rattles....

Excellent work.
Will look awesome with black interior, not a fan of sand beige.

What is the cost of the seat belt webbing?

GOODLUCK and keep the updates coming,,,,,u are more talented than i and braver too

Hats of to you for undertaking this and totaly understand your reasoning, keep the pictures coming cant wait to see the before and after pictures, good luck.

Good job :thumb:

Great opportunity to pad out all the cavities behind the panels with felt/foam to suppress any rattles etc.

FRP said:
GOODLUCK and keep the updates coming,,,,,u are more talented than i and braver too

Let's hold off on the talent chat until he's got the interior back in :floor:

Great work, can't wait to see the after pics :thumb:

yes hes a brave man, how many plastic bits has he snapped though ?

seeforez said:
yes hes a brave man, how many plastic bits has he snapped though ?

None!
Only casualties so far have been a couple of clips. Which is to be expected.

There's nothing that tricky about removing a 997 interior just need to take time disassembling, plenty of photos to document where stuff goes, and bag + label everything that comes out. Very labour intensive but not hard if you're proficient with the spanners.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Excellent work.

Just dropped my belts off with http://www.quickfitsbs.com
Guys there are very helpful, swap takes a few days and it's £30 + VAT per belt for changing the webbing.

Will share a few pics once I get them back.

elliot_holder said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
Excellent work.

Just dropped my belts off with http://www.quickfitsbs.com
Guys there are very helpful, swap takes a few days and it's £30 + VAT per belt for changing the webbing.

Will share a few pics once I get them back.

Thanks for the info.

That is extremely good value for money :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back