Poll: Minimum post count to post in For sale thread?

minimum number of posts before you can start a 'For sale' thread?

• Yes, stop the flogging of newbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not tonight, I'm washing my hair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree, its a shame for some new forum members that may go on to be a valuable contributor, but as with most things in life we are all tarred with the same brush.
there are a few long standing members here though, that are very clicky, and do not give newbies a fair chance, almost like bullying, its a shame because these people have a vast knowledge of the marque, but it gets soured by there arrogance.

im in favour of a minimum post count.

there are other technical solutions to this 'challenge'

Number plate sellers on the forum http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=100150 do get a bit of a roasting

and 99% of other sellers seem to be fine but it is an issue that we are looking into.....

To be honest I don't think that there is enough of a problem to impose something like that at the moment. And as well as that, it can be fun playing with the trolls every once in a while... 8)

Disco said:
To be honest I don't think that there is enough of a problem to impose something like that at the moment. And as well as that, it can be fun playing with the trolls every once in a while... 8)

As much fun as it is, there are genuine people who do join and by chance have stuff to sell. Maybe because they had a 996 and bought a 997 for example.

We were all newbies once, I like to think of it as being a Learner driver, we were all one once too :wink:

I'd be more interested in seeing people with very low post counts being prevented from sending PMs to others. That would stop a lot of the trolling and prevent some from being ripped off.

Leave it as is for the entertainment value.

Law of the jungle prevails!

GT4 said:
Leave it as is for the entertainment value.

Law of the jungle prevails!

I agree with that, however the vast number of forum members have never ben in the jungle, and only live around the safety of the keyboard.

come the zombie apocalypse brother....................... :thumb:

I'm already stockpiling basic weapons and beans.

A minimum post count would mean we may miss out on a potential purchase.
There are some genuine good items for sale by low post people who have
looked for a specific [Porsche related] marketplace. Do you want to miss out
on those items because the seller hasn't been on the forum before?

I bought some Porsche Design specs from a person with just one post.
Brand new in the box with a receipt from Harrods.Absolute bargain!

I paid by paypal and made sure that the funds were NOT sent as a gift.

Well I voted no for 2 reasons....

Firstly, if someone posts something relevant at a fair rate then I think generally they get treated ok. They have to accept they have no history or "rep" so any sale would need to be considered a good deal as there would naturally be more perceived risk.

Secondly it would stop some genuine good deals. Believe it or not some people don't like / can't be bothered with forums, why restrict members from potentially good deals :dont know:
Also they may be members of several similar forums but post little on one eg I'm a member of an American bmw site that I had not posted on for 2 yeas until advertising some rare wheels I knew would be more popular on there this week. I phrased my advert accordingly and got nothing but positive comments from the yanks

Of course unofficially it would not be as much fun :bandit:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...