Back in business.

Kimbo

Paul Ricard

I've spent most of my time on the 993 forum, having had 4 993's now. However, I never really got on with way they kept emptying my wallet, so after ten years, my son's school's Accountant has decided my air-cooled days are over.

I had a 3 month spell with a tiptronic Boxster S, which was a fantastic car, but I missed changing gear, especially when the top was off and the sun was out.

So my latest squeeze is this little Cayman which I picked up this week. At 59 years old I still missed 2 night's sleep through excitement.

I specifically wanted a 2.7 manual with 17" wheels and PASM. Man it's a great car. Smooth as a Jag and as light and nippy as a Subaru.

Well happy, but need a louder exhaust.

My thanks to Ashgood Cars who were lovely to deal with.

:thumbs: guards cayman 8)

Come on Kimbo lets have some more photos and why a 2.7 over the 3.2. I only ask as I've just finished work (for a while anyway) and fancy chopping in the 530d and buying a boxter or Cayman for an EU tour with the Mrs ie have a more modern car to keep her in doors happy & keep the 993 at home :thumb:

Demort said:
looks great young man .
Give me a nudge if any questions or problems

Cheers. This place needs (and appreciates) people like you :thumb:

I picked the 2.7 Ridders because most of my driving is buzzing around the B-roads, and I found the 3.2 Boxster almost had too much power. I like to get the revs up to hear the exhaust but I don't want to be doing 80mph all the time.

I have the 6-speed gearbox which is very sweet and combined with the 2.7 engine you can get it howling without doing crazy speeds. If I were thinking about Euro tours, I might have gone for the S, although this on the motorway doesn't feel underpowered at all.

Also the S worried me with RMS and bore scoring stuff though. I know you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Thanks mate.

Also Ridders, PASM is the way to go. My friend Demort on here recommended it me. One day I might turn it off if the road's smooth enough.

I hope I don't spill my wine.

Nice one Kimbo congrats. I would have sought out a non-PASM though for the authentic "on your own" feel..? Good choice though regardless especially with the 17's 8)

17" wheels, PASM and 50-profile rubber. No more visits to the dentist.

Kimbo said:
17" wheels, PASM and 50-profile rubber. No more visits to the dentist.

I'll be quietly watching your progress ... Opposite of my GT3 in many respects but not a million miles away in spirit :thumb:

Nice looking car, first red cayman I've seen.
Peacock inn looks like a nice pub too.

good work Kimbo! Lovely looking motor.

I too like the fact you've gone for the 2.7 on 17's - plenty of ride comfort and big sidewalls to aid the feel of when things are getting edgy.

How does it compare in the power stakes to the old 993?

A friend of mine was asking me the other day about 'which porsche to buy' and I specifically discussed how I think the 987c is the purest type of Porsche available at the moment. They remind me so much of the original 911's. Light, nimble and good looking.

:thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...