997.2 what sort of starting price would i be looking at

neil_911 said:
I would definitely try push towards a Gen 2 Carrera if you can. Not only for the mechanical piece of mind. But the interior/radio etc are all a little more finished off and "current"

A touch screen sat nav over a twiddly knob :lol:

If you need to stay stock I agree but even the PCM3 is dated now and a gen1 with an upto date aftermarket head unit will bring the nav/entertainmant right into 2018 :thumb:

Yeah the first thing I did was get rid of the stereo and fit a touchscreen with carplay etc, circa £700 for all the bits and fitment.

I'm considering coming back to a 911 and the 997.2 fits the bill although I'm done with manuals for road cars, so I'll be looking solely at the pdk.

First choice was a 4s but the only one that stands out is the porsche car with ceramics all the others just look the same but I think their car is over priced considering how long it's been about. There is a Carrera that stand outs in red with ceramics on AT but never heard of the dealer.

If you want a manual then I would consider the 996 Turbo but your need to work on the interface to run Bluetooth etc and bring up to speed with more recent stuff.

Right a gen 1 with a hartech or similar build,and up to date head unit it is then......let the search begin lol 👍👍👍

saxon46 said:
Right a gen 1 with a hartech or similar build,and up to date head unit it is then......let the search begin lol 👍👍👍

That's what I have, and has to be a manual for driving pleasure and future collectability. Drive both C2S and C4S, they are very different animals. C2S is purer, the 4 wheel drive system makes it heavier and for me nowhere near as nice as a C2S.

Mind you, what do I know, I have a cabrio, but then all cars should be cabrios!

HSC911 said:
Why not buy a 996 turbo :dont know:

:thumb:

Was going to say exactly this :grin: :thumbs:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...