Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Experience with engine mount replacement

Bigbaddog997

Silverstone
Hi everyone
I'm thinking of replacing my 2005 C2S engine mounts on age (they are original).
I do think the exhaust tips have dropped a fraction over time and looking to improve the gearshift.
Any experiences of what people went for are welcome.
Also the source/price.
Not wanting a significant increase in NVH but would consider RSS as they look really well made and generally get good feedback.
I'll be doing then fitting myself so labour costs people were charged not needed.
Thanks in advance

I have the RSS one and there are great. Not really noticed any NVH but I did do them when the car was new to me. I got mine from design911

Hi everyone
I'm thinking of replacing my 2005 C2S engine mounts on age (they are original).
I do think the exhaust tips have dropped a fraction over time and looking to improve the gearshift.
Any experiences of what people went for are welcome.
Also the source/price.
Not wanting a significant increase in NVH but would consider RSS as they look really well made and generally get good feedback.
I'll be doing then fitting myself so labour costs people were charged not needed.
Thanks in advance
just do a like for like OEM replacement to avoid any NVH issues

Yep, I had mine replaced with new Genuine Porsche ones and saw immediate benefits and only a minimal increase in NVH which has settled over time.

I fitted RSS ones and felt a definite improvement but my wife thought the NVH too much to live with on any long journey. I had to agree that it was noticeable. I then fitted OEM which were better than the old ones but without the NVH problem. Both of us were happy :D

Can I ask if anyone has fitted the various OEM style non Porsche ones (Lemforder, Febi Bilstein etc, OE Match from D911) as these seem a fraction of the Porsche prices. Thanks

I would try and find out who make them for Porsche, no doubt it will be one of those firms. Whilst I have spent a shed load at Design 911, sometimes contacting your local Porsche dealership for a price can leave you presently surprised. I also believe Design 911 do a price match on any genuine quote

I ordered my original Porsche ones from my local OPC and I seem to think they were pretty good value in comparison to Design911. It was about 18 months ago but I seem to think they were under £200 for the pair (or I have blanked it out in my mind if they were more than that!). I can check the invoice later if you like?

I got mine from Spyder Performance, they claim to get them from same factory as OEM. Good quality from what I could tell.

+1 for the 964/993 RS Engine mounts.

Stiffens-up shifting, stabilizes the rear getting on/off the power. Slight increase in NVH, but the performance improvement outweighs that

did you have to pay import charges or is the £83 inclusive of this? thanks
Spyder performance are out of stock for 4-6 weeks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seansea
Back