Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audio upgrade

Well i got the car back yesterday after a week in the workshop having a full audio and security upgrade, the factory fitted immobiliser has now been bypassed for a Clifford high end security system. The audio upgrade is amazing when you open the door everything looks stock and you'd never guess they was a amp,sub,Alpine head unit DAB radio and Bluetooyh compat,new door and rear speaker upgrade,used all oem speaker covers too which is a nice thing. The amp is seated in the space saver wheel up front and 9 inch sub under the glove box okay i've lost the glove box space but this is so worth it, the quality of sound now is just bliss! The company who did the install was Source audio in Sheffield the man to speak to is Paul he's such a geek when it comes to audio and this was not the first 993 he'd worked on.. Summer vibes!!!! 8)

congratulations - sounds fantastic.

Can i ask which clifford system you went for ? About to have the H&P garbage ripped out of mine and swapped with something more modern.

I went for the Clifford G5 Concept 650mk2 with Blackjax set up.
It's a fantastic system.. the factory fitted immobiliser was not working right, sometimes i could start the car without using the dabber ( not good ) i was told it was quite easy to bypass this.
Can't beat a quality security set up :cop:

Just wanted to add that Focal Auditor RCX130 speakers (co-axial) are a very close match for the larger of the two Nokia speakers in the HiFi door speaker setup. Using these you can remove the smaller speaker altogether and drive the speaker directly from the head-unit without needing any crossover.

You do need to remove a little from the periphery of the aperture they go into but it only took me a couple of minutes with a sanding drum in a drill to get them to fit perfectly. The enclosure's depth is fine for them. They also sit happily behind the original grill so look completely standard once installed.

i paid a fortune for s second hand Becker. It looks good and is period correct, but it is a very dated that misses teh functionality that you take for granted on a modern system. If I were doing it again I would almost certainly go for the Continental/ VDO unit. It looks correct in teh 993 and has DAB, Bluetooth streaming etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jri
Back