Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

They keep most suspension parts in stock, imagine shocks u would have to sort out in advance

BHZ661 said:
Marky911 said:
:yeah:

Nice bit of shopping that. The daft thing is they are cheaper from Porsche, brand new, than most jokers list them on eBay for second hand.

Did you pay about £900 BHZ?

It was £606 + VAT very happy with the price 😀

Wow, great price.
Is that the one without any cross bars, so full access to rear?

Marky911 said:
BHZ661 said:
Marky911 said:

Nice bit of shopping that. The daft thing is they are cheaper from Porsche, brand new, than most jokers list them on eBay for second hand.

Wow, great price.

No cross bars , so rear seats still useable :)

Sent wheel off for retrimmed at Royals ready for the paddle shift conversion👍

about $30 on ALiexpress and now have LED interior lighting, so mush nicer! Had $3 and $4 packages arriving every second day with all the sizes and types in it. Such fun!

yo_clarkie said:
about $30 on ALiexpress and now have LED interior lighting, so mush nicer! Had $3 and $4 packages arriving every second day with all the sizes and types in it. Such fun!

Clarkie - piccies please m8.... :thumb:

Osh

BHZ661 said:
Marky911 said:
BHZ661 said:
Marky911 said:

Wow, great price.

No cross bars , so rear seats still useable :)

Excellent. That's what I'll go for I think. I want bucket seats later as they transform the feel of a car, but not harnesses as I don't do track work.

I don't have kids to fit in but I do like luggage space. My GT3 was hopeless for luggage so I'm definitely not going to restrict rear access as much as that.
Great price. There's one on eBay for £1500. Like I say, jokers. :grin:

grbspeedster said:
Sent wheel off for retrimmed at Royals ready for the paddle shift conversion👍

What does a wheel re-trim cost if you don't mind me asking? I've been contemplating getting my one done in alcantara with red stitching along with the gear stick boot.

Around £140 depending on spec. I went for thicker rim,smooth leather top and bottom, perforated leather sides .
My pal had his done in red and black to match seats. He took to another company to install the switches as Royal don't do this, they commented that the recovering was in their words superb
Tom on here had his done in alcantara I believe

Osh said:
yo_clarkie said:

Clarkie - piccies please m8.... :thumb:

Osh

one of these for glove box
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EDF...estoon-LED-Light-White-2-Pcs/32595698790.html

two of these for the map lights

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...urn-Side-License-Plate-Light/32749253523.html

4 of these for the makeup lights

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Light-12V-Car-License-Plate/32696417364.html

a set of these for the dome light, frunk and engine compartment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pc...-smd-Car-Licence-Plate-Light/32252613525.html

2 of these for the door/entry lights

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-...bs-Automotive-CAN-BUS-Lights/32763069421.html

Not sure what you want a pic of, tried a pic of interior and couldn't really get a decent pic. I'l assume you meant pics of the bulbs and see above for that

yo_clarkie said:
Not sure what you want a pic of, tried a pic of interior and couldn't really get a decent pic. I'l assume you meant pics of the bulbs and see above for that

Sorry m8 - meant piccies of how they turned out - realised my dumb as it would be difficult to show this.

Ta m8

Osh

32917192760_75926ff2f2_b.jpg

Hello....

Just purchased myself a set of the topgear valvetronic exhaust back boxes for my 996.1 :thumbs:

Heard them on YouTube and sound lovely !!! Can't wait to get them fitted :lol:

^^^^^^

I've just adopted a set of gundo hacked Dansk boxes.
Him above doesn't know it yet but they're the ones on his car.
:grin:

Afternoon bud. I hope I can "try before I buy", oh and "pay after I sell"
...my standard Dansks.

Those switchable ones will sound great. I knew you wouldn't stop until you were happy. :D

Dammit

I'm well jell. :mrgreen:
Where'd you find that factory 996 cup holder?

Bought nothing, saved a good few quid getting one of our workshop fabricators to patch a crack in the not inexpensive stainless 'zorst manifold.

IWaZP7YB.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back