Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Four grands worth of service and repairs😩

Now it's running better than the day it rolled out of the factory.....right? 🤔 ;)

What did you get done to the car?

A seriously overpriced sticky pad to re-attach the rain sensor to the windscreen. However, now I have working intermittent wipers again...:love:

Just found out that my very own 911 C4 was magazine featured in Total 911 magazine issue 76 and bought the last available copy available online.
Really looking forward to having a read and a nice bit of provenance to keep.
Si.
Well i received the magazine and am chuffed to bits to read the 6 page article comparing my 996 to a 997. Furthermore, i've been in touch with Phil Raby this morning who was the author and editor of Total911 magazine at the time and he was good enough to send me some photos from 2011 and advised that he'd sold my car twice in 2011 and 2013..... obviously most of you know Phil from his Porsche dealership down south.
Just need to try and find a digital copy of said article now to get it framed for the garage.
Also pleased to see that the car sold for just £100 more than i bought it for 12 years apart..........!!!!!

I'm finally going to do the "GT3 lower console delete". Luckily I bought the lower console a couple of years ago when they were available for normal prices from Porsche :oops:

However, I still needed to order a new radio mount/frame, as I currently have a double DIN PCCM plus fitted (99655213104S33) and now I will only have space for a single DIN radio. I also ordered the infamously over priced tiny plastic trim piece that goes in front of the shifter (98655224102A03)

I also need to buy a single DIN radio and a iPhone mount....probably going to order a Continental radio, not sure about the phone mount.

Fitted a new lcd screen to my AC/Heater control unit, youtube saved the day as usual with a decent video on how to do it.

I bought a used Aircon controller surround, now the GT3 lower console delete installation is finished (a radio will be installed at some stage in the future...)

986-996-Cache-plastique-commande-clim.jpg
IMG_8570.jpg

Can I ask what's good about removing the lower console?

Can I ask what's good about removing the lower console?

Weight savings and performance gains...;)

Personally, I prefer the look. I find it gives the interior a more classic 911 feeling, with the separation of the dashboard from the center console.

Some people also like it as it apparently gives a bit more leg room...although I guess that's for taller people with longer legs?

Last edited:
Plugs and coil packs , did them myself , what a right PITA. New Top Gear silencers and to top it all off , a RTS transport system (roof rack) for the soft top
Best not buy anything else for a while

A Bosch S5010 car battery, after the old one gave up the ghost.

While looking for the age of the old battery, I made the mistake of sorting through the receipts for car related purchases... :oops:

New air con condensers and desiccant installed. Cleared out the radiators, installed some mesh grills. New speakers all round (sub still doesn’t work, I think the amp is knackered). Fixed a rattle in the passenger door. Added a missing screw to the same door, unrelated to the rattle. Bought a new phone mount from Rennclassic in preparation for ditching the double DIN unit and doing the GT3 console delete.

Reconditioned and painted callipers. Thought it would be a quick job - how wrong I was...:ROFLMAO: New discs and pads, disc shields and fixed stripped threads later (and multiple new tools added to the garage) the job is done! Happy days.:):)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back