Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

New front bilstein shocks, top mounts, bump stops, new camshaft sensor and actuator. New manifold gasket, plus rust proofing the underside.
Should get the car back next week πŸ˜€

Replacement aspheric anti-glare offside door mirror glass.
Old one

New one

Quite surprised at the cost tbh.

That looks interesting, how do you rate them after some use?

do you have a link or part number?

Thanks!

It's brilliant at night, but they came as standard on mine. Part no. is 996-731-036-04
Under bonnet sticker codes are;
M266 Door mirror - Auto Dazzle
M271 Door mirror - Aspherical- driver's side, electrically adjustable and heatable.

Yesterday is was out with the old and in with the new. Hopefully the 987 seats will give me more room under the steering wheel, be more supporting and more comfortable. I've not connected the heater wires yet, I need to source a couple of looms for that which is on my list. The seats were a bargain. A breakers had them for sale individualy, I got the pair delivered for Β£560! They cleaned up really nicely, though the drivers side could do with a bit of a refurb.
Screenshot 2023-11-17 09.52.02.png

I've also just dropped these off 4 of these for a refurb. Sourced from a PCGB member for the princely sum of Β£700, Sport Classic 2s. And the proper size, not the 986 ones that are too narrow. They're going to be Weiss gold centres and polished lips πŸ₯²

Screenshot 2023-11-17 09.55.50.png

Service kit and auxiliary belt, courtesy of Max at Frazerpart, Recommended BTW

some goodies from do88

Yesterday is was out with the old and in with the new. Hopefully the 987 seats will give me more room under the steering wheel, be more supporting and more comfortable. I've not connected the heater wires yet, I need to source a couple of looms for that which is on my list. The seats were a bargain. A breakers had them for sale individualy, I got the pair delivered for Β£560! They cleaned up really nicely, though the drivers side could do with a bit of a refurb.

I've also just dropped these off 4 of these for a refurb. Sourced from a PCGB member for the princely sum of Β£700, Sport Classic 2s. And the proper size, not the 986 ones that are too narrow. They're going to be Weiss gold centres and polished lips πŸ₯²

You got a couple of great deals there! I also fitted the same seats and I find them to be a massive improvement over the standard 996 "comfort" seats. I've not connected the recline or heaters up yet - what loom are you planning to buy?

The wheels are also great - I'm also tempted to get a set of weiss gold wheels - they can really "liven up" the look of a car.

Connecting the recline was easy, there's a good guide on Rennlist. The heated seats are harder. On the 996 the dash buttons link to a controller/solenoid under the seat, I e. are low power wires. In the 997 the controller is in the dash and the output connects to the seat and is high power. In short, you need to take the loom off of the 996 seat, modify it and then attach it to the 997 seat. The Rennlist post has the details.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1203363-987-997-2-way-heated-sport-seats-conversion-guide.html

Air freshner, washed. A coat of chemical guys butter wax, finished with pinnacle sealant, glass cleaned, looking minty, and a good blast out.
Need to get my ***** together and do oil , filter ad plugs.

A bunch of turbo related check valves etc, that i'll swap at the same time as I install the do88 stuff :

photo-57354-0-webP57354.jpg
thumb
h-preview.jpg
h-preview.jpg
photo-57798-0-web99620713970.jpg
photo-57441-0-webP57441.jpg

997 74mm Throttle body (for the do88 plenum ordered at the weekend)

h-preview.jpg

Connecting the recline was easy, there's a good guide on Rennlist. The heated seats are harder. On the 996 the dash buttons link to a controller/solenoid under the seat, I e. are low power wires. In the 997 the controller is in the dash and the output connects to the seat and is high power. In short, you need to take the loom off of the 996 seat, modify it and then attach it to the 997 seat. The Rennlist post has the details.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1203363-987-997-2-way-heated-sport-seats-conversion-guide.html
Thanks! That looks great, another task added to the winter todo list :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back