Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre of choice

MarkIIII

I have purchased a 964 2C, its been lightly used over the last 10 yrs, so I will be going through the suspension, brakes and fuel system. Was hoping to get some advice on the best tyres to put on the car, the car is not going to be tracked just spirited road use.

Thanks Mark

Kinda depends what diameter wheels are fitted. Our 964 is on 16" D90's so choice is limited.

Stimpy said:
Michelin PS4's end of. Best street tyre I've ever used.
I couldn't get those in my size and ended up with Cup 2 Connect.

I reckon Eagle F1 could be good if the sizes are available.

spooky said:
Stimpy said:
Michelin PS4's end of. Best street tyre I've ever used.
I couldn't get those in my size and ended up with Cup 2 Connect.

I reckon Eagle F1 could be good if the sizes are available.

If I remember correctly I used a 215 front - really helped.

It will depend on the wheels. I have 17 inch and use 225 at the front and 255 at the back I could not get PS4 in those sizes.

+1 for PS4

Have just gone through suspension refresh etc on a 964 - so happy to share what I've done - may be of interest

Thanks for the replies

Wheels initially will be std D90s as fitted to a 91 car

Normski298 said:
+1 for PS4

Have just gone through suspension refresh etc on a 964 - so happy to share what I've done - may be of interest

Would be interested to know what set up you have gone with.

My initial thoughts were to keep the suspension stock, maybe lower the car a little.....

MarkIIII said:
Normski298 said:
+1 for PS4

Would be interested to know what set up you have gone with.

My initial thoughts were to keep the suspension stock, maybe lower the car a little.....

I went Bilstein B6s with H&R RS height springs then polybushed. Drives sooooooooo nice :drive:

MarkIIII said:
So for a std set of D90 wheels what's the best all round tyre of choice?

As per my original reply - kinda depends upon what's available in the sizes required. Just about anything with Michelin written on the sidewall will work well (and likely better than anything made when the car was new). I'm using 16" Uniroyal RainSport 3's on our 964 and although I think they'd struggle on a track day, they're good for spirited road use.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back