Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 tyre options

PorscheGT said:
I think the Conti 7 is a much sporty tyre vs the PS4S and I love PS4S.

Yes I run both tyres back to back on the 2 same cars I have, one on each tyre.

Conti feels closer to a Cup but works in the rain. PS4S now imo don't feel that sporty vs the conti 7.

Roll on the PS4S replacement.

I completely share your enthusiasm towards the Conti SC7. So much so that I bought them for my girlfriends Polo GTI and my 235i.
I had the same feeling: amazing grip and feedback in the dry, but works great also in the wet. I don't know yet where the catch is (maybe how long they last?), since the tyre is even considerably cheaper than the PS4s.

I absolutely want this tyre for street use on my GT3, but currently they are only available for the front (235/40/18) but not the rear (295/30/18). I therefore contacted Conti to see if something was in the pipeline and, after an email exchange with a German responsible, I got them to take note that there is an interest for this tyre (I explained to him that there certainly would be a good amount of request for this tyre in the 996 GT3 community) and they would pass it on to product development.

In the meantime he told me that a 285/30/18 tyre is planned for July 24.

What could be interesting is if a lot of people would express interest for the 295/30/18 tyre size by dropping them an email, as this could possibly help accelerate the decision process.

O yes a set of Conti were £300 a set cheaper for me also, so if they wear a little faster then not too much of an issue, but so far mine still look great after 10k miles. I will have to see what tread is left.

The ride is not as plush as a PS4S but in the dry they really are a more sporty tyre to drive and thus more fun to drive.

Strange I still like PS4S more in very heavy rain and hitting big puddles.

Back to back the conti does lift and pull at the wheel if you hit a deep puddle. the PS4S seems to drive straight though them no issue.

Again strange as in tests the Conti is said to be better in the wet then the PS4S but I don't find this to be true.

The plus point is it does work in the wet vs a CUP 2 and is MUCH better in the dry than a PS4S.

Just to add a bit of light hearted balance after all the PS2 bashing... :)

I recently fitted a brand new set made in the middle of 2022 on the street wheels that I use on my Mk1 GT3 CS - 235 and 295

What a revelation - quiet, grippy in all conditions, safe in the wet and above all super communicative!

The car runs -3deg at the front and -2' 30" at the back and a 996 Cup ABS module. No issues under braking, but I do get the occasional squirm from the back under hard acceleration coming out of corners

P.S. Did I fail to mention that the Michelins replaced a set of AR1s on my track wheels, which I did a DN track day on ? :grin: So yes, they were a massive upgrade :floor:

P.S.1. Joking aside - a friend runs Conti C7s on some of his cars and he swears by them - his fleet of track cars, including a Monster Manthey 4.0 996.2 is beyond impressive - so it would be nice if Ze Germans took note of us and produce them in the correct size....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back