Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange Noise when Car turned off and Locked

Carlos991

Hi All, New to the Forum, Proud owner of a 2016 Gen II Turbo S and have come across a strange noise that i'm wondering if its normal or not. I noticed this noise happening frequently and can force the noise when the car is fully turned off and locked. If I then just lift the door handle I hear a faint clicking at the rear of the car then 10 seconds later a much louder noise. I created a short YouTube video to send to the dealer but so far haven't been able to confirm if its a normal noise - Anyone know what the noise is please? -

https://youtu.be/tVZhpbPLI98

I've not come across this before but it sounds like the turbo actuators are doing their end stop routine .. this normally happens when the ignition is turned on .

Lifting the door handle when locked does in a sense prepare the car for being used and that might be why they are operating .. generally though you'll not try to open the car unless you are going to use it :)

Easy enough to prove on a ramp by looking at them .

Either way if it is them they shouldn't be that loud .. sounds a bit like metal on metal .

Didn't hear a click though .

Thanks for the comment. The first noise isn't being picked up on the YouTube video but sounds as soon as the handle is lifted. 2 like blips/clicks. This will happen on either door handle and then few seconds later I hear the louder sound. I've filmed it again. The first noise can be heard more clearly but there's also the handle noise happening at same time. https://youtu.be/38X_v5ww4nY

The first noise and im unsure .. probably easier to locate with the car in front of me .. almost sounds like fuel flap solenoid is moving ..

Main noise though still sounds like a turbo actuator .. both are strange as they shouldn't happen with the car locked .

It will be interesting to see what the OPC finds .

I can't quite hear the first noise in the video but my NA car makes a sound the moment you lift the door handle, even when it's locked.

The only way I can describe it is it it sounds like an electrical component whizzing up for about ½ second. I always presumed it was something to do with priming the fuel system.

No idea about the second noise.

Cars booked in @ Sheffield on Tuesday. I'll let you all know the outcome. The sound is metallic. It made the sound twice this morning. First when I pulled out of my garage and turned off the engine. But then few mins later without touching the car it made it again. Maybe exhaust related and always from drivers side

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back