Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quiet knocking noise

Ive got out for a spin, and the hard left to right knocking has been largely removed. There now seems to be a very light creak/knock when going over undulations. For example reversing around a corner when one rear wheel gets raised. I wonder if that is the cross supports?

Cheers

Right - saga continues. I've been to the garage and the guy has worked on 996's since they launched. So... were both flummoxed. Any help would save me going insane....

Every nut and bolt tightend on both right and left. All black poly (new) and suspension (new) tighten including top mounts etc.

Certainly reduced the noise but not eliminated.

The noise is evident in lond sweeping corners, i.e round abouts - if you've just heard the knock turning right, it wont come back until you do a long left +30mph and hear the knock and vice versa.....

It's like a pendulum affect when it hits the knock....

The ball joint rubbers were suggested to be a little on the tired side, but plenty of life and zero movement.

The Anti-roll bar bushes are tired, and the bar is corroding a little.. question - what size do I buy - the bar on a vernier measures c. 18m

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance

Right - I'm in need of help..... sorry again!

Just before it goes into the garage for a full overhaul, is there anything more I should check.

I have done the following;

- Tightened all bolts/nuts
- Installed new engine mounts
- Installed new ARB bushes with the same poly black series
- Tightened the sub-frame
- Tightened suspension and top mounts

For clarity - the car has only done c. 5k miles on brand new Bilstein suspension and new poly bushes all round.

The noise is still only present left to right, and only on long sweeping corners, not sharp left to right

Very grateful for any help at all!

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back