Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wavetrac LSD tight movement and clunk noise

moazmohamed54

Hello team,

Good day.

I blew my stock differential and purchased new one from Wavetrac for my 991.1 TTS
The car is heavily modified power and suspension as I track it in many competitions.

The question is:
We have got the diff installed and during the initial test on the road, I noticed a clunking sound comes in deceleration from 20kph to zero, and the same noise come if the car standing and about to move from zero, i get the same noise once. Nothing at all during the acceleration, neither on straights nor turning.

Returned the car to the tech and brought it down again and the shop claims that the Diff is super tight if they try to turn it by hand which could cause the noise. Also, they claim that backlashing and other measures are done properly.

Could you please advise
1- Video below, is it normal for the WaveTrac diff to be tight like this?
2- What could possibly causing this noise?

what did wavetrac advise

I don't have direct reach to them, only filling a form on their website under support section that even doesn't allow me to upload a video..!!

Also, called them over the phone and everytime I request to talk to a technical engineer, he always in a meeting..!!

you could post on renn list as there are many more owners in the US with this

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back