Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel Warranty Question (newbie)

Davyp

Guys,

Hello.

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered my first 911, brand new, and very nice it is too!

It’s a stock vehicle, with all the options I would have wanted, with the exception of one.

It’s fitted with a Race-Tex steering wheel, which I don’t think I could live with long term.

The dealer originally agreed to change it to the leather wheel, at a cost of £1544, which is the price of the new wheel, prior to delivery, and I agreed.

The dealer is now saying that as the car originally had a Race Tex wheel, the new leather wheel would not be covered under Porsche warranty. I find this very hard to believe.

They seem really reluctant to doing the swap, to the point of offering my deposit back.

I really want the car as I secured it for what I thought was an excellent price but only with the leather wheel.

What are the thoughts of the Collective?

Porsche parts come with a two year warranty
if they're charging you for a new wheel ask for the old one

you could always get it retrimed by Linus at DesignLS

or just get the raacetex one retimed by him

Where are you based? Royal steering wheels in Stoke Mandeville did a fantastic job om my sport design wheel for £185

Attachments

• IMG_7932.jpeg
    IMG_7932.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7931.jpeg
    IMG_7931.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
Welcome to the Forum. 😀
This seems unusual.
As already been said, they should fit the new leather wheel and give you back the alcantara original. This shouldn't impact warranty or anything.
Any idea why they appear to be so bloody-minded about it, as such a simple request shouldn't cause so much hassle?

They seem really reluctant to doing the swap, to the point of offering my deposit back.

It sounds like they've got an alternative buyer who's happy with the Race-Tex wheel and are looking to save themselves the hassle.

Guys,

Hello.

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered my first 911, brand new, and very nice it is too!

It’s a stock vehicle, with all the options I would have wanted, with the exception of one.

It’s fitted with a Race-Tex steering wheel, which I don’t think I could live with long term.

The dealer originally agreed to change it to the leather wheel, at a cost of £1544, which is the price of the new wheel, prior to delivery, and I agreed.

The dealer is now saying that as the car originally had a Race Tex wheel, the new leather wheel would not be covered under Porsche warranty. I find this very hard to believe.

I really want the car as I secured it for what I thought was an excellent price but only with the leather wheel.

What are the thoughts of the Collective?
nonsense from the dealer, which one is it ?

how does this differ from changing wheels or any dealer fitted options !

Any official Porsche part fitted is covered, but as for the price, better to get it retrimmed for a fraction of the cost

Porsche parts come with a two year warranty
if they're charging you for a new wheel ask for the old one

you could always get it retrimed by Linus at DesignLS

or just get the raacetex one retimed by him
I agree, save yourself £1k and get someone like Linas to re-trim it (his work is excellent BTW)

plus one for the retrim..................

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back