Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Issues

BobbyT

Monza
It would be really good to go out in the old girl without coming home with another item on the to do list.

Reclined the passenger seat to get my golf clubs in this morning.

Tonight when I went to put the seat back up it won't stay up.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've done a search but no luck.

Cheers
Bob

Ultimately you may need to free off the mechanism that engages the seat back into your chosen upright position.

Short term I would give the release levers on both sides of the seat a bit of a wiggle and if, that doesn't work, try moving the seat to it's maximum recline position quite sharply and see if the slight impact frees the mechanism.

9xxnick said:
Ultimately you may need to free off the mechanism that engages the seat back into your chosen upright position.

Short term I would give the release levers on both sides of the seat a bit of a wiggle and if, that doesn't work, try moving the seat to it's maximum recline position quite sharply and see if the slight impact frees the mechanism.

Thanks, will give that a go.

It feels like something broke, as the back is loose and won't hold in any position.

Sorted, thank god

The spring was catching and a little bit of force made it ping back into place.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back