Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommended place for a borescope in Essex

@Thunderace, I'm in Wanstead E11 so technically quite a few miles inside the border of London/Essex which Chigwell/Buckhurst Hill.

Mac68 said:
@Thunderace, I'm in Wanstead E11 so technically quite a few miles inside the border of London/Essex which Chigwell/Buckhurst Hill.

Ah ok, I'm from Harold Wood in Essex and I understand (rightly or wrongly) Ilford is no longer an Essex postcode so that's why I wondered. Lived in Loughton and Woodford for a while so know the whole area ofc.

LOL! Essex / London borders always seem to be somewhat fluid!

Not sure how far he travels, but well worth a call - https://djs-porsche-services.co.uk/

The bonus that he'll service on your driveway means that you can save a bit of time ;)

Just out of interest, why are you having a borescope done and is the procedure effective on a driveway as opposed to a lift?

My oil consumptions is going up... There's also a ticking from the right hand bank when cold, but drops away once warm.

I've tried the 10w50 Millers Nanotech oil, which seems to have made the cold ticking louder, so one part hopes it's a sticky tappit and the thicker oil when cold isn't helping, in which case an oil change is easy.

Worst case, it's borescore - then the man-maths of the 4.1 conversion begins ;)

So just ruling out or in the potential issue. I think the oil consumption would be within spec, but the spec uses so much oil it's crazy!

ETA: Not sure if on the drive or a ramp make any difference? The engine needs to be cold so on the drive it's ready to go, and I guess ultimately the operator has to get under the car either way, either on foot or crawling ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back