Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for a rolling road tuner in South East pleas

markh1

Monza
I am keen to get my 3.9 properly mapped. It has non standard manifolds, exhaust and intake.

Someone knowledgeable has driven it and says it's lacking the mid range punch it should have and that potentially exhaust or intake is robbing power.

1st step would be to get it on a rolling road which is hopefully happening on the 28th

From there would like to take it to someone that can help get the best out of it (returning to standard intake/exhaust bigger injectors etc)

I know chip wizards in the north are great with Porsche but dont have time to trek up there so any recommendations in or around surrey would be greatly appreciated!

Car is now booked in on at Surrey Rolling road for the 28th!

Chipwizards are good not just for Porsche but specifically the bigger bore M96/7 engines as he does all Hartech's so knows them very well, I'm not sure if your Surrey guy will have the same experience but a decent map will help either way.

Come back and give us your findings once set up, I, and I'm sure others would be interested what output you end up with, will be interesting comparing other big bore conversions and what different mods make the difference

Sorry just to be clear, I can't get to chipwizards as they are too far away. The rolling road in surrey is purely to get the current power figures to get a base line, there will be no tuning.

What I need is recommendations for companies that can do custom mapping for a non standard car, all the companies I can find just offer off the shelf solutions

markh1 said:
Sorry just to be clear, I can't get to chipwizards as they are too far away. The rolling road in surrey is purely to get the current power figures to get a base line, there will be no tuning.

What I need is recommendations for companies that can do custom mapping for a non standard car, all the companies I can find just offer off the shelf solutions

I know it is a long way from the south but Chipwizards will custom map yours to run perfectly, I can't see an off the shelf map being good enough, as you already know, due to not many 3.9 cars around, may be worth taking the opportunity to make a few days of it and tour the Lakes or similar so it's not just a drive there and back.
If you definitely want to get it mapped in the south it may be worth asking others that do big bore conversions to see who they use?

DMS seem very strong on Porsche... the owner has had a 996TT and Coupe and was featured in Evo recently having tweaked the writer's 996.2 with Kline exhaust and 200cel cats.

Not a million miles away in Southampton.

Thanks for the suggestions chaps.

I will give DMS a call.

9E service my car but don't believe they have a rolling road which would be needed for a custom map.

I need to also talk to hartech and get an understanding what they recommend in terms of optimal setup (I'm sure I read a post about them recommending 3.8 injectors for instance)

I went for 3.8 injectors and was told by Chipwizards they may run a little rich so he suggested sending my ECU up to him to adjust the flow so I could run the engine in before going up for a mapping/rolling road session.

I found out while researching the 3.8 injectors that they were all just 997/987 injectors that fit the 3.6 too, same part number, it's just the Porsche map that makes them flow more/less for the 3.8/3.6/Boxster engines.
The 996 injectors won't flow enough for the 3.9 engine so can't be mapped to flow enough, as I understand it and also may run a little lean in the big bore engines?

Thanks that's helpful insight, will look into getting some 997 injectors, not too difficult a job having read the porsche workshop book. Need to drop the engine but did that for the engine mounts so no big deal.

Ideally don't want to have to go down the new exhaust route as that is £££ and I have a perfectly functioning exhaust

How about ES motors ? They are supposed to have good tuning skills

Hi
You can try EST Performance in Hailsham East Sussex as they are very well known for the Baha rolling road in the Merc world..

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I have jsut spoken to Nine Excellence and they said it is worth the trip up to Chip Wizards as they are very good.

Looks like I need to speak nicely to the wife about me getting away for a day or two!

95% of RR tuning companies will have no idea on how to properly tune your car.

Wayne does, as do I, but we are both in the NW.

NA wise i usually only do GT3's as most other cars are not modded enough and will not gain anything from tuning.

Rick

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back