Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rebuild of a 992 GT3

Pip1968

Barcelona
I hope this has not already been posted but it is well worth watching. It is the story of a YouTuber (Matt Armstrong) who buys a damaged GT3 RS and the shenanigans he has to go through to try and fix her. What ever you ( 'I' ;) ) may think of the tattooed baseball cap wearing fraternity this is an interesting look at the bureaucracy and the mechanical nightmares of what you may think are simple fixes. It's in ten parts and I enjoyed it.

I know we have a section for GTs on film but I think deserves it's own post and perhaps some dicussion.

Link to the series:

Pip

I have seen it. All I would add is he is a game lad for having a go. But god save the poor sod who ends up owning that. Values are immaterial as it’s all loss leader for the YouTube money , even then it only may have just washed its face financially. That’s a guess.

I enjoy his videos a lot mind so it’s entertaining but I would never buy a car off him :)

I watched the series a while back, and found it very interesting, there is a lot to be learned watching him work and resolving issues.

Enjoyed watching these GT3 videos too, plan to watch more of his stuff. Nice chap, I like his approach (sort of) and I learned a fair bit of random stuff along the way

Mat Armstrong is very entertaining and I usually watch his weekly video releases. Even better watching ad free via SmartTubesNext (bit.ly/tubes2022) on the Firestick that removes all the adverts and sponsor inserts. There's only so many times I could hear him or the various other reviewers mention 'Car Vertical' 🙄 .

He must be making serious money now with his sponsorship and viewing figures. Not bad for a lad who started out rebuilding a damaged Audi TT in the car park of an Indian restaurant where he used to work behind the bar for some extra cash alongside his day job. Chap has a strong work ethic that's paid off but he credits a lot of it from being good at video editing - a skill he obtained when he used to compete in BMX events. Now like some of the others he doing 'collabs' to increase viewing. There's even a Mat Armstrong YT channel dubbed in Spanish!

At leaset he doesn't send me to sleep like Iain Tyrell

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back