Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 GT3

Steve_W

I placed a 1k deposit on a 992 GTS for when it's launched,OPC called it notice of interest,I've had 3 new PORSCHE from the same OPC ,when the 992 GT3 was launched I thought I'd enquire about an allocation for a build ,the wife said you never know until you ask,the reply was clear but discreet,basically the GT3 is a dealership invitation to buy and although we've spent good money on 3 new PORSCHE we haven't made the VIP list yet,the dealership has been allocated 5 GT3 builds this year and they have customers who've had 10/12 new car's off them who will be invited to buy ,now these customers are supposedly PORSCHE enthusiasts who love owning and driving these GT cars but so do I but have no chance until I've purchased another 7/10 more lower ranking Porsche's of being invited to purchase a GT3,personally I believe there's some brown envelopes being handed out to get one of these GT3 allocated build slots,
As a instance there's a PORSCHE enthusiast or as I know them a FLIPPER who was allocated a GT3 build has taken delivery and now has the 992 GT3 on AUTOTRADER with delivery mileage FOR THE SUM OF £325K ,that's right THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND approximately £175k over what he paid PORSCHE needs to stop these speculators obtaining these cars they are preventing true enthusiasts buying these GT3 and the PORSCHE dealership condoning this practice need the franchise taking from them.
Absolute disgrace.

They sell 'em to the wrong people chum but I do know of someone who bought 'several' brand new Porsche and immediately sold them through the trade (for a slight loss) purely so he could get up the GT allocation ladder. He was quite open about it but he's now made the cut and got a relationship with the dealer.

There's more of a chance if you use it and then agree to trade it back through the same OPC for another Porsche I believe. But it also helps if you're an "Influencer" with lots of followers despite the fact most appear to be buffoons :bandit:

I agree it stinks big time, I had a similar experience, and what I found was there's 2 ways to go..

Buy a 911Turbo (which I loved) and relish in the fact it's quicker than a GT3 in 95 out of a 100 situations, and accept all the other nonsense..

Or go down the Lamborghini route, the cars are better (imo), the service and ownership experience is on a different planet, (umpteen events and invites to shows, weekends away) and I've a confirmed deposit on a STO after buying one car! It's just nice that the dealer calls me every so often, and I've not purchased anything from them for 3 years!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back